Samsung Galaxy Note 4 turns itself off?

jenmeister11

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi there,

I just bought the Note 4, it arrived yesterday and was on it for 4 hours without any problems, this morning no problems either. But once I got into work, I noticed that my phone kept turning itself off and on. I did a factory reset and it kept turning itself on and off every 3-5 minutes. Battery % was high so I cannot understand where the problem is? I've taken the battery out for a few minutes and occasionally turn the phone off for an hour to see if it makes a difference but it doesn't. Can anyone help me to see if its something I'm doing wrong, or if its just a faulty phone?

Many thanks,

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I'd prolly be marching into the carrier's store with it. I have very little tolerance for things that don't work perfectly when brand new.

🍎 iPhablet 6+ 🐛

D Android

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
It's definitely not you, sounds more like hardware issue. The only time my phone turned itself off was when the battery dropped to nearly 0%.

jenmeister11

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
Looks like I'm going to have a great conversation and weeks of waiting with Amazon then! Thanks for the help everyone, just annoying as its making me doubt Samsung phones now..

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
It is a bad battery issue, I had the same problem and solved the problem by getting a good quality battery. It always shuts down when the device starts to draw energy and the battery lack it (using wifi, BT connecting external USB pen drive and running applications that demands processing energy)....... Remeber a new battery does not mean a good battery! My bad battery always indicated high % when the device shuts itself down!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781