Buying a Note 4 N910A off EBAY.

CBreen28

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
A couple of bulk sellers with good ratings have this unlocked version for $627.99. I don't think I'd ever buy a used phone with all of the insurance scams going on but is it safe to by a new phone on ebay from a bulk seller?? I'm just curious how these sellers are able to sell the AT&T version for $627.99 when AT&T is selling them for $849??

Posted via the Android Central App

calebleesdad

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
I got mine off eBay. It was an international (read Chinese) version so not carrier branded though. Read the fine print. These could be returned items and they call them "new-other" which are typically refurbished by the manufacturer or third party. There may be risk that these are clones/fakes but if as you say this is a reputable bulk seller then you should be okay. Youtube has several "how to spot a fake note 4" videos and I advise you check them out. Be prepared to return if needed and pay with credit card that has insurance...in case it is a scam and you have to get your money back. There's always some risk when it comes to online purchases but the upside is you can get a great phone at a good price. Good luck.

callihan_44

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I considered this phone off ebay but It makes me nervous, I may go ahead and just flop the cash down at the at&t store for full price. If something happens to it just a short drive away.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the response. This is the one I'm watching. It's AT&T version. He was very quick to respond which is good I guess.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

And this is his response to my "are they customer returns? " question.....
View attachment 163457

Obviously nobody can assure you anything here, but I would do it myself if I am in your position.

It has good seller ratings, and eBay does offer some buyer protections.

@T-Mobile GN3

CBreen28

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I considered this phone off ebay but It makes me nervous, I may go ahead and just flop the cash down at the at&t store for full price. If something happens to it just a short drive away.

Yeah I'm thinking T mobile too but it'd be 699 plus tax which would be $756 ....ouch!

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I'm thinking T mobile too but it'd be 699 plus tax which would be $756 ....ouch!

But they are new and you know what you are getting. I paid for my Note 4 and Note Edge in full on the T-Mobile site. I did not want to be making payments. Some people have gotten fake phones on eBay.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the response. This is the one I'm watching. It's AT&T version. He was very quick to respond which is good I guess.
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM N910A 32GB Charcoal Black at T New | eBay

And this is his response to my "are they customer returns? " question.....
View attachment 163457

I would be very leery of this. Why would there be ATT liquidation of this model phone when it is selling successfully? I say, walk away.

callihan_44

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I got lucky I guess, bought this phone yesterday and forgotten it was actually time for my contract renewal. I didn't have to pony up the full amount and Im selling my htc one m8 to help pay the cost. I was nervous the phone would be too big but comparing directly with the m8 it really isn't much bigger, now to decide to case or no case the phone

Debbie Marcantonio1

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
Complete # should be:
4-SM-N910A
for AT&T carrier compatible with GSM carriers but NOT Verizon and Sprint.
The IMEI # if seller will give you can be verified by AT&T or possibly Samsung for warranty information.

jayk82

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
And Swappa allows has a section that allows your to verify that the ESN is clear. I believe you only get 5 or so free searches a year.
I've sold on swappa before. I thought it was a prerequisite that it have a clear ESN?

Sent by my Note 4 on Tapatalk

CBreen28

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Hmmm Swappa sounds legit but what's stopping someone from just reporting it stolen after they ship it out? Like a scammer might have a legit mint condition used phone, Swappa checks it, it's legit but then after I buy it they report it stolen?

Just one more question on swappa. Why do the listings say New(resale). What does the resale mean exactly?

CBreen28

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
So I emailed them and this was the response.

"This means that it's being sold by a re-seller, not a retailer. The other option is "New (Retail)"

Now I'm curious how these people get these brand new phones? Doesn't that seem sketchy?

race4life

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I've bought and sold a few phones on Swappa and have zero issues. My guess is if a phone was stolen, new or used, the esn number would not be clear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool