06-24-2015 09:28 AM
80 1234
tools
    Yup, as beautiful as these phones are (specially the HTC One M8, which is stunning) they're extremely slippery and very prone to scratches. The iPhone in particular needs a case for sure, otherwise it would start looking pretty bad after some scuffs, nevermind the bending. Absolutely hate cases but am kind of OCD about my tech gear. How do you manage to not have a case with the Note 4? The Note 4 is the first Samsung phone that has great build quality due to metal frame, no cheap plastic. But yes plastic can be more durable if not as nice as aluminum.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-18-2015 12:07 PM
    Agree with you on how quickly IOS turns into a boring affair. I've used every single launcher available. Nova is probably the best. For some reason I don't like any launcher on the Note 4. And I started using these things back with the Galaxy SIII. This phone would be just about perfect if it ran stock Android with obvious modifications for the S Pen, etc...

I hated TW until the Note 4. I actually like it now. Plain vanilla android seems very blah to me. With the added widgets and sliming down Samsund did on TW, it is hard to beat now. I go back and forth between it and Nova.
    02-18-2015 02:22 PM
    Believe Nova doesn't take away anything else except what you mentioned. Haven't tested thoroughly though. My dislike for launchers on the Note 4 is purely aesthetic. Can't explain it. Pretty optimistic about the direction Samsung is taking with their phones:metal bodies and less bloatware, If rumors are true. Samsung Galaxy SVI will give us a better idea of that vision. Would you sacrifice removable battery for an all aluminum unibody?

Non removable battery is a deal breaker for me.
    02-18-2015 02:24 PM
    Just out of curiosity, how often do you swap batteries when depleted? You carry a spare one with you at all times?

02-18-2015 02:40 PM
    I wouldn't. I'm not a fan of metal phones. I may be in the minority but I've had the m8 and iPhone 6 plus. While they look great they are so damn slick I can't hold them. I also think they may be more prone to scratches. I try not to use a case. The s5 and note 4 are the best feeling phones to hold. If you have to put a case on a phone to make it more usable isn't that a design flaw.

You Are So Right I Would Never Trade My Note 4 For Anything But ...My Note Edge Hehe Love My Edge And Far As A Stock Android Phone like my moto G to boring but it's cheap back up and a iPhone plus no way already have a old iPhone 3gs same phone hehe

02-19-2015 07:16 AM
    I want a Note but nothing wrong with my current Droid Maxx. May wait for the Note 5 before I switch.

Posted via Android Central App
    02-19-2015 07:28 AM
    I keep one in the car and in my computer bag. The batteries are almost weightless and very thin... amazing to have instant 100%. I end us using "the switch" probably only once monthly, but when I need it, it's a miracle of ease.

I just ordered the Note 4 (arrives tomorrow) and an Anker battery and charger set. For $25, you get two batteries and the charger.
    02-19-2015 07:33 AM
    Would you please share the link to the Anker set?

02-19-2015 03:04 PM
    02-19-2015 04:59 PM
    Thank you . Looks practical. Not sure if I would carry a spare with me but I can keep one at the office. Sometimes after I leave work, my phone is almost depleted. This is after extreme use because I find the Note's battery to be very good, definitely much better than the LG G3.

02-20-2015 10:32 AM
    Just out of curiosity, how often do you swap batteries when depleted? You carry a spare one with you at all times?

Mainly have an extra with me on weekends if I go out of town or camping. There are heavy usage days where I will swap out in the evening.
    02-20-2015 12:11 PM
    So I briefly left my Note 4 this week in favor of a Nexus 6. I also picked a Droid Turbo to use as well.

It only took 4 days for me to go back to my note 4 and put the Nexus up for sale. Had anyone else tried leaving your Note just to end up back on it?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Happens everytime I think I want to try something different. Left the note 3 for the lg g3 and jus left the g3 for the note 4 today lol.
    02-20-2015 10:37 PM
    My G3 was flawless for a couple of months. Then it started freezing and overheating. The battery didn't last at all. To add insult to injury I experienced the documented body cracks at the top and bottom of the phone. The bottom line: LG rushed this phone to be the 1st quad-HD in the Western market. But the CPU & GPU present at the time struggled to drive so many pixels, hence the issues.

02-21-2015 01:21 PM
    I'm a chronic phone jumper. I usually get bored after 4-5 months. But I've had the Note since Oct 19th and it still feels like a new phone. I have no desire to switch anytime soon. This is my first Note and I've become so spoiled by the S Pen, S Health, the screen, the battery, etc. I know if I moved to a different device I'd get unhappy very quickly. This is a good thing since I'm saving up for a road trip!
    Sammuel1973 and Jamie Wooten like this.
    02-21-2015 04:43 PM
    Left the LG G3 for the Note 4 then missed the size of the G3 so I bought another and now I have both. Don't know why I can't leave the G3, I think it's the size and weight of it, smaller than the N4 but still has that big screen feel.
    02-22-2015 11:25 AM
    I've thought about leaving the Note 4 for the iPhone 6 Plus or the Nexus 6. But honestly, this may very well be the best phone I've owned in years. I think about switching, but I know there's only two devices I'd consider upgrading to: the Galaxy S6 or the Note 5. Samsung improved with the Note 4 and I have a feeling it's only going to get better.
    02-22-2015 12:01 PM
    I went from the note 3 to the iPhone 6+ to the note 4. I just love my sexy white note 4.
    02-22-2015 03:46 PM
    What case do you use?

02-22-2015 05:17 PM
    I have... twice. I originally purchased the Note 4 on launch day because I got tired of waiting for my pre-order for the iPhone 6 Plus. When my iPhone finally arrived, I decided to keep it. But after two weeks, I traded it back in for a Note 4 again. But I started to miss iMessage and FaceTime and I went back to the iPhone 6 Plus. Kept the iPhone for over 2 months. Now I have the Note 4 again after I decided to change carriers.

Note in my house!
    clevin and mumfoau like this.
    03-15-2015 04:51 AM
    I've been an iPhone user for the last two generations. Android user before that. Palm user before that.

Recently bought a note 4 off contract after the gear Vr was announced. Shelved my iPhone 6 plus. Used the note 4 for a couple of months. Was pretty nice but the lack of implemented features kept me wanting to go back to the iPhone 6 plus. I finally deactivated my note and deactivated my 6 plus.

Siri is just miles ahead of android. I drive and use Siri a lot. It's great to say, send so and so a text and speak the message. It's also nice to ask it random questions and get accurate results!

Integration of FaceTime, iMessage, etc. Are just miles ahead of competition. It just works.

Messages on my note 4 got extremely laggy that it was almost unusable. I shouldn't have to worry about clearing cache to get it to work properly. I never have to worry about doing this on my iPhone.

Safari is miles ahead of other browsers. It's super fast and saving bookmarks syncs with my iPhone and MacBook pro. It's great.

Apple really does take its time with their products and it shows. I'll keep my note 4 as a wifi device specifically for the gear VR but for my everyday phone, nothing beats an iPhone.
    03-15-2015 10:05 AM
    For those who moved from an iPhone 6+ and used Touch ID, do you miss the it on the Note 4? The Note 4 has a fingerprint reader, however, as I understand it the Note 4's reader scans/authenticates differently.
    03-15-2015 10:30 AM
    For those who moved from an iPhone 6+ and used Touch ID, do you miss the it on the Note 4? The Note 4 has a fingerprint reader, however, as I understand it the Note 4's reader scans/authenticates differently.
    Touch ID is definitely more intuitive on the iPhone. But I get along just fine with the fingerprint scanner on the Note 4.

Note in my house!
    mumfoau and Trees like this.
    03-15-2015 10:34 AM
    Nope...I read enough reviews and seen enough videos to know the note 4 is the right phone for me.

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.
    03-15-2015 10:37 AM
    Touch ID does leaps and bounds over the note 4.

I use an app called 1password. On the iPhone 6 when I go to a webpage, I'm able to scan my fingerprint and it will auto fill in my username and password on the webpage. I have 20+ character passwords. So this is a huge thing the iPhone gets right.

On my note 4, I have to go out of the webpage, open 1password, type in my master password, copy the webpage password, go back into the browser and paste it to login. Just shows you how developers integrate their apps with apple over other devices.
    jdfry15 likes this.
    03-15-2015 11:09 AM
    I just love my Note 4! I tried the new iPhone and I am sorry the Note 4 is hands down the much better phone, no contest! On the Note, the colors are stunning! The camera and video is outstanding! The battery life is great! Features jet fast charging... and I just can't live without the pen! The technology in the phone puts the iPhone to shame!

03-15-2015 02:20 PM
80 1234