Anyone Else try to leave the Note 4 only to come back to it?

maqroll7

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Agree with you on how quickly IOS turns into a boring affair. I've used every single launcher available. Nova is probably the best. For some reason I don't like any launcher on the Note 4. And I started using these things back with the Galaxy SIII. This phone would be just about perfect if it ran stock Android with obvious modifications for the S Pen, etc...

Posted via the Android Central App

kelton

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
My understanding is that Nova Launcher maintains all of the functionality with the exception of "pinning" an S-note to the screen...like a post-it.

Is there any other functionality lost with Nova? And does it truly reduce the "lag"? (not that it is much of a laggy phone)

I might head down to Best Buy today and pick up a Note 4. They have a $100 gift card ...making the phone $200.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Good thread. I went from my Note 4 to Note Edge, then back to my Note 4 because I find the combo of my Note 4 and Gear S surpass all the bells and whistles of my Note Edge.

maqroll7

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Believe Nova doesn't take away anything else except what you mentioned. Haven't tested thoroughly though. My dislike for launchers on the Note 4 is purely aesthetic. Can't explain it. Pretty optimistic about the direction Samsung is taking with their phones:metal bodies and less bloatware, If rumors are true. Samsung Galaxy SVI will give us a better idea of that vision. Would you sacrifice removable battery for an all aluminum unibody?

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Believe Nova doesn't take away anything else except what you mentioned. Haven't tested thoroughly though. My dislike for launchers on the Note 4 is purely aesthetic. Can't explain it. Pretty optimistic about the direction Samsung is taking with their phones:metal bodies and less bloatware, If rumors are true. Samsung Galaxy SVI will give us a better idea of that vision. Would you sacrifice removable battery for an all aluminum unibody?

I wouldn't. I'm not a fan of metal phones. I may be in the minority but I've had the m8 and iPhone 6 plus. While they look great they are so damn slick I can't hold them. I also think they may be more prone to scratches. I try not to use a case. The s5 and note 4 are the best feeling phones to hold. If you have to put a case on a phone to make it more usable isn't that a design flaw.

maqroll7

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Yup, as beautiful as these phones are (specially the HTC One M8, which is stunning) they're extremely slippery and very prone to scratches. The iPhone in particular needs a case for sure, otherwise it would start looking pretty bad after some scuffs, nevermind the bending. Absolutely hate cases but am kind of OCD about my tech gear. How do you manage to not have a case with the Note 4? The Note 4 is the first Samsung phone that has great build quality due to metal frame, no cheap plastic. But yes plastic can be more durable if not as nice as aluminum.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Agree with you on how quickly IOS turns into a boring affair. I've used every single launcher available. Nova is probably the best. For some reason I don't like any launcher on the Note 4. And I started using these things back with the Galaxy SIII. This phone would be just about perfect if it ran stock Android with obvious modifications for the S Pen, etc...

I hated TW until the Note 4. I actually like it now. Plain vanilla android seems very blah to me. With the added widgets and sliming down Samsund did on TW, it is hard to beat now. I go back and forth between it and Nova.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site

Non removable battery is a deal breaker for me.

maqroll7

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, how often do you swap batteries when depleted? You carry a spare one with you at all times?

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't. I'm not a fan of metal phones. I may be in the minority but I've had the m8 and iPhone 6 plus. While they look great they are so damn slick I can't hold them. I also think they may be more prone to scratches. I try not to use a case. The s5 and note 4 are the best feeling phones to hold. If you have to put a case on a phone to make it more usable isn't that a design flaw.

You Are So Right I Would Never Trade My Note 4 For Anything But ...My Note Edge Hehe Love My Edge And Far As A Stock Android Phone like my moto G to boring but it's cheap back up and a iPhone plus no way already have a old iPhone 3gs same phone hehe

Joe378

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I want a Note but nothing wrong with my current Droid Maxx. May wait for the Note 5 before I switch.

Posted via Android Central App

kelton

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I keep one in the car and in my computer bag. The batteries are almost weightless and very thin... amazing to have instant 100%. I end us using "the switch" probably only once monthly, but when I need it, it's a miracle of ease.

I just ordered the Note 4 (arrives tomorrow) and an Anker battery and charger set. For $25, you get two batteries and the charger.

maqroll7

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Thank you . Looks practical. Not sure if I would carry a spare with me but I can keep one at the office. Sometimes after I leave work, my phone is almost depleted. This is after extreme use because I find the Note's battery to be very good, definitely much better than the LG G3.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, how often do you swap batteries when depleted? You carry a spare one with you at all times?

Mainly have an extra with me on weekends if I go out of town or camping. There are heavy usage days where I will swap out in the evening.

babygirl0419

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
So I briefly left my Note 4 this week in favor of a Nexus 6. I also picked a Droid Turbo to use as well.

It only took 4 days for me to go back to my note 4 and put the Nexus up for sale. Had anyone else tried leaving your Note just to end up back on it?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Happens everytime I think I want to try something different. Left the note 3 for the lg g3 and jus left the g3 for the note 4 today lol.

maqroll7

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
My G3 was flawless for a couple of months. Then it started freezing and overheating. The battery didn't last at all. To add insult to injury I experienced the documented body cracks at the top and bottom of the phone. The bottom line: LG rushed this phone to be the 1st quad-HD in the Western market. But the CPU & GPU present at the time struggled to drive so many pixels, hence the issues.

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm a chronic phone jumper. I usually get bored after 4-5 months. But I've had the Note since Oct 19th and it still feels like a new phone. I have no desire to switch anytime soon. This is my first Note and I've become so spoiled by the S Pen, S Health, the screen, the battery, etc. I know if I moved to a different device I'd get unhappy very quickly. This is a good thing since I'm saving up for a road trip!

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Left the LG G3 for the Note 4 then missed the size of the G3 so I bought another and now I have both. Don't know why I can't leave the G3, I think it's the size and weight of it, smaller than the N4 but still has that big screen feel.