Gmail app - font size too small

note-4

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

When I receive an email and view it via gmail app, text is almost always too small. In the email app you can just pinch in/out and the font size changes.

How can I enlarge the font size in gmail? Can't believe this is something I have to ask around, should be really obvious how to do...

Edit: I can actually resize, but the resized text does not move to the next row, meaning I have to scroll left, right, left right when reading the email.

Thank you.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You'd have to adjust the system font size--it's not a Gmail app setting. Go to Settings>Display>Font Size​, and adjust the overall system font size there.

note-4

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. I found out that was the case. That is very unfortunate as I really like the "extra small" font on note 4 which is great everywhere except gmail...

Posted via the Android Central App

RenoD2010

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Well that is completely lame. If Textra allows you to choose from different font sizes, why the hell doesn't Gmail? Hey Google! Please fix this.

Kishore Thaakur

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
When I receive an email and view it via gmail app, text is almost always too small. In the email app you can just pinch in/out and the font size changes.

How can I enlarge the font size in gmail? Can't believe this is something I have to ask around, should be really obvious how to do...

Open your Gmail App - Settings - General Settings - Uncheck "Auto-fit messages".

Hope that helps.

antonm

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
If I uncheck "Auto-fit messages", the text will not zoom at all, and remains at a fixed small size. Checking that box allows text to zoom (like on double-tap) to a very readable size, but the text doesn't re-wrap, so that I have to scroll rapidly from side to side to read messages.

Surely something as simple as this is not beyond the wit of the mighty Google to fix? It's only text!

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Are you using the actual Google Gmail app or the default email app, which is supplied by Samsung and known to have issues?

Android since v1.0. Linux since 2001.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non