10-15-2016 07:31 PM
39 12
tools
    I feel like even reading this post will scare my phone and it will croak.

Posted via my Galaxy Note 4 running on The Nations Fastest 4GLTE network. T-Mobile
    msndrstood likes this.
    02-18-2015 06:43 PM
    Because he paid for a new device, that through no fault of his own, died and got a used device in its place? How would you feel if you bought a new car which died for no reason (and couldn't be fixed), so the dealer gave you a used car to replace it?
    Actually, the car scenario isn't at all like the phone. I know this from first hand experience. In the case of a car all you get (if you argue and go through the mitigation process) is a extension on the warranty on your screwed up car. In other words a 20+K auto got me a $100 warranty extension (exactly what the warranty promised) on a defect that was found by the dealer the same day I took delivery of the auto.
    And in the case of the phone the carrier actually provided exactly what their warranty policy promised - a replacement phone. The fact that it was one that had actually been refurbished and tested is actually more quality control effort than a new phone gets. The alternative I suppose is that the carrier takes the broken phone sends it to the manufacturer who dismantles it and certifies it a manufacturing defect and then authorizes the carrier to issue a new phone (which will only take a couple of months or so) but you then don't have any phone.
    So let's look at the options: 1) a like new phone that works or 2) no phone at all until manufacturing defect can be shown. My oh my, 1 or 2, 1 or 2 ...
    LaTuFu likes this.
    02-18-2015 07:36 PM
    I get it. The one they sent me seems just like it's new. That's not the point tho. The phone was 3 Weeks old and croaked on its own. It's defective. And the fact that it was defective, shouldn't be made my problem. If I dropped it, spiked a drink on it, went swimming with it in my pocket, or if it was 6 months from now, I wouldn't argue with them. It died after three weeks. It's their problem. No one's fault. Sometimes tech is defective. It is what it is. But it wasn't my fault. That's my point.

Posted via the Android Central App
    I agree, it's not like they couldn't have sent you a new replacement being so close to that 2 week mark. I had an issue with my 1st Note 4 (Spen Command features not launching) but lucky for me, it happened before the 14 days were up, so they sent me a next day replacement. Well, I hope the phone they sent gives you good, solid, long lasting performance!

Posted From MY Next Big Thing!!
    02-23-2015 04:13 PM
    The policy is clear. During the exchange period, you can get new replacements. Beyond that, they can give you a refurbished device. I don't like it either, but this has been the policy for some time.

For future reference, Costco wireless has a 90 day exchange policy and I personally got 2 new retail box replacements for my old HTC within the 90 days (second one was somewhere around 75 days)

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    02-23-2015 08:45 PM
    I just viewed refurbs as if I sent my phone in for repair and didn't have to wait for it to be "in the shop" the phone you get is fixed.

02-24-2015 09:54 PM
    I have had mine about 3 weeks and it died, Will not come back on. Also - It and the one before it, drop in progress calls if I get a freakin text. WTH?
    07-19-2015 10:52 AM
    My Samsung Galaxy Note 4 "died" today. Just purchased at the end of May, and have had 0 problems before. Not dropped and no water damaged.

It was working just fine, almost fully charged, had just been using it and set it to the side. Picked it up and the power light was on, but it would not respond. Pulled and reset the battery, but no lights... nothing. Pulled and left out for a while... put it back in... tried charging for an hour... still no luck.

Decided to go to the AT&T store to see if it might possibly be the battery, and, barring that, hopefully get a replacement.

The young guy took it and looked it over. Did exactly what I did, pulling the battery and plugging it in. I was being polite, but, as a LONG-time PC tech myself, was resisting the urge to eye-roll. Then, as he replaced the battery, plugged it up, sat holding the buttons and, suddenly, the phone powered on, and popped up an orange message. He then restarted it, and it powered on up.

"What wizardry is this?", I exclaimed. I forgot to mention that I am a huge geek.

He explained that pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power Button, for a good while, will sometimes fix these type of problems.

FANTASTIC!

No idea what caused the problem, but was just happy to have my phone back and working again.

Hope this helps anyone else that is Googling (or Binging - if anyone actually does that) for an answer.

Just press and keep holding those 3 buttons, and maybe you'll get lucky.

Good luck!

Robbie Wilkes
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    10-24-2015 08:36 PM
    Volume Down, Home and Power Button, for a good while, will sometimes fix these type of problems.
    That's interesting. Sort of an extended download mode. Glad it helped. You didn't mention whether or not you're rooted and running a rom.
    10-24-2015 08:55 PM
    What fantasy world do you live in? Your car would be fixed, not replaced.

10-24-2015 09:15 PM
    That does such and sometimes they prove how unhelpful they can be. In their slight defense, though, they don't know that you didn't do anything to the phone. Granted, it would be nice for them to just err on the side of the customer.

Everyone dislikes refurbs. However, my attitude is that if it looks new, works like new and carries the warranty... well. With a refurb at least a tech has supposedly 'looked over' the phone to make sure it's in fine working order. ... just trying to think of the bright side.

from the Note Edge📱✒
    I'm on my second Refurb from at&t. My original Note 4 had a camera hardware failure, my first Refurb suddenly had the screen turn white and unresponsive, and now I'm on this one.

Refurb's are just inheriting someone else's problems. If they DID work like new, I'd agree with you. They are just a way to maximize profits at the expense of the consumer. Business as usual

10-24-2015 11:57 PM
    So let's look at the options: 1) a like new phone that works or 2) no phone at all until manufacturing defect can be shown. My oh my, 1 or 2, 1 or 2 ...
    Unfortunately in your flippant scenario, option #1 is fantasy. I've had trouble with more refurbished devices than I care to talk about. All they are is a refurbished piece of shiz. You're eating up the nonsense that the carriers preach to you. My own personal experience disproves their claims so I am nowhere near ready to lap it up.

10-25-2015 12:01 AM
    Mine so ..
    I fashed a rom and it was working like a charm but the next day.. While downloading a game.. The phone screen went black and led turned red.. I tried to restart it but invain.. It aint respding.. Not powering up.. Neither downoad mode.. Nor recovery.. Its dead as cold.. Help me guyzz..
    10-08-2016 12:21 PM
    So on Thursday morning, I'm reading AC while on line at Dunking Donuts abs all is well. Everything works,100% charge, no issues. Hour and a half later, phone is dead and never came back on. And of course, Big Red sends me a refurbished one to replace it. But that's a whole other post. Anyone else have the phone just die?

my note 4 until today it's allright
    10-15-2016 08:47 AM
    my note 4 until today it's allright
    Do you mean it died ad well? I had one last year for about 6 months or so and it was perfect. I may be going back to it because of the note 7 thingy.
    10-15-2016 07:31 PM
39 12