Note 4 Just Died After 3 Weeks

mike ardito

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
So on Thursday morning, I'm reading AC while on line at Dunking Donuts abs all is well. Everything works,100% charge, no issues. Hour and a half later, phone is dead and never came back on. And of course, Big Red sends me a refurbished one to replace it. But that's a whole other post. Anyone else have the phone just die?

Posted via the Android Central App

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
So on Thursday morning, I'm reading AC while on line at Dunking Donuts abs all is well. Everything works,100% charge, no issues. Hour and a half later, phone is dead and never came back on. And of course, Big Red sends me a refurbished one to replace it. But that's a whole other post. Anyone else have the phone just die?

What time is the funeral?

Posted via the Galaxy Note 4

CBreen28

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I think it's more messed up they sent you a refurb. Phone carriers have some of the worst customer service out of all of the major corps in America.

mike ardito

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Very true. However, don't leave out Samsung. I pleaded my case to both VZW and Samsung about how I understand the policy. But that I didn't do anything wrong. I didn't drop it, no water, nothing. And they basically both told me to suck it. So now I'm paying $700+ for a refurb. FML.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Very true. However, don't leave out Samsung. I pleaded my case to both VZW and Samsung about how I understand the policy. But that I didn't do anything wrong. I didn't drop it, no water, nothing. And they basically both told me to suck it. So now I'm paying $700+ for a refurb. FML.

That does such and sometimes they prove how unhelpful they can be. In their slight defense, though, they don't know that you didn't do anything to the phone. Granted, it would be nice for them to just err on the side of the customer.

Everyone dislikes refurbs. However, my attitude is that if it looks new, works like new and carries the warranty... well. With a refurb at least a tech has supposedly 'looked over' the phone to make sure it's in fine working order. ... just trying to think of the bright side.

from the Note Edge📱

hamsterwheel

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
That does such and sometimes they prove how unhelpful they can be. In their slight defense, though, they don't know that you didn't do anything to the phone. Granted, it would be nice for them to just err on the side of the customer.

Everyone dislikes refurbs. However, my attitude is that if it looks new, works like new and carries the warranty... well. With a refurb at least a tech has supposedly 'looked over' the phone to make sure it's in fine working order. ... just trying to think of the bright side.

from the Note Edge??????✒

This is very true. I was sent a refurb once after my phone just died. The refurb looked brand new, and worked way better than the one I originally had. Lasted for two years until I upgraded.

mike ardito

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I get it. The one they sent me seems just like it's new. That's not the point tho. The phone was 3 Weeks old and croaked on its own. It's defective. And the fact that it was defective, shouldn't be made my problem. If I dropped it, spiked a drink on it, went swimming with it in my pocket, or if it was 6 months from now, I wouldn't argue with them. It died after three weeks. It's their problem. No one's fault. Sometimes tech is defective. It is what it is. But it wasn't my fault. That's my point.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I get it. The one they sent me seems just like it's new. That's not the point tho. The phone was 3 Weeks old and croaked on its own. It's defective. And the fact that it was defective, shouldn't be made my problem. If I dropped it, spiked a drink on it, went swimming with it in my pocket, or if it was 6 months from now, I wouldn't argue with them. It died after three weeks. It's their problem. No one's fault. Sometimes tech is defective. It is what it is. But it wasn't my fault. That's my point.

... but they replaced your phone. You have, it seems, for some reason, assigned a lesser value to your replacement device. For some reason the refurb you were sent is not as desirable as a "new" device. Why? What about the refurb makes it lesser? Is it not working properly? Is the battery life poor? Is there physical damage? Scratches?

from a dark Note 4📡

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
... but they replaced your phone. You have, it seems, for some reason, assigned a lesser value to your replacement device. For some reason the refurb you were sent is not as desirable as a "new" device. Why? What about the refurb makes it lesser? Is it not working properly? Is the battery life poor? Is there physical damage? Scratches?

from a dark Note 4??????

Because he paid for a new device, that through no fault of his own, died and got a used device in its place? How would you feel if you bought a new car which died for no reason (and couldn't be fixed), so the dealer gave you a used car to replace it?

mike ardito

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Because he paid for a new device, that through no fault of his own, died and got a used device in its place? How would you feel if you bought a new car which died for no reason (and couldn't be fixed), so the dealer gave you a used car to replace it?

Exactly my point.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Phones and cars are not the same though. Cars have mechanical parts that wear out. On a phone the only part that wears out, really, is the battery. ...and that is likely brand new. A car is relatively expensive too. A phone is relatively inexpensive. Again, if the refurb phone, upon inspection, is indistinguishable from a brand new device in form and function and carries the same warranty there's just no point in giving it any thought IMO.

from a dark Note 4📡

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Phones and cars are not the same though. Cars have mechanical parts that wear out. On a phone the only part that wears out, really, is the battery. ...and that is likely brand new. A car is relatively expensive too. A phone is relatively inexpensive. Again, if the refurb phone, upon inspection, is indistinguishable from a brand new device in form and function and carries the same warranty there's just no point in giving it any thought IMO.

from a dark Note 4??????

And you're still missing the point. He paid for a new Note 4 only 3 weeks ago, and through no fault of his own, he's being given a used Note 4. The least they can do is give some kind of refund/discount to him since he's not getting a brand new replacement. If it was months down the road, sure. If he dropped it, forgot it in his pocket and it got washed, whatever, sure. But the device itself had some kind of manufacturing issue that caused it to fail within 3 weeks. He should have gotten a new phone to replace it.

And sure, only the battery normally wears out in a phone, but if it were just the battery in his former phone, they would have replaced it and he'd still have his new phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae