"unfortunately contacts has stopped working" -- grrr

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
So this just started last week. Seems to do it either when i unlock my screen or just at random. I havent changed anything, and i have done a cache partition clear to see if that would help and it hasnt.

Any ideas? Verizon note 4, not rooted, no launchers.

Verizon Note4 w/ Tech 21 case

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
So this just started last week. Seems to do it either when i unlock my screen or just at random. I havent changed anything, and i have done a cache partition clear to see if that would help and it hasnt.

Any ideas? Verizon note 4, not rooted, no launchers.

Verizon Note4 w/ Tech 21 case

This just happened to me twice last night. I did just purchase the full license to L Launcher, so I was thinking maybe it was that?

B4ore

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem too, and I don't have L Launcher, or any Launcher for that matter.

Posted via the Android Central App

Army21

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I cleared the cache from the main screen no issues since. ( I dont remember how to do it but its the one where you hold the power, home key, and volume up the use the menu from the recovery screen)

Rmbrown1964

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Same thing with me! I also did the steps mentioned to correct the problem. But it came back ..

Posted via the Android Central App

kobe008

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
This happened to me twice when opening the phone icon from my homescreen. I was able to open contacts successfully from the app tray. I rebooted and it seems fine since but I do not make a lot of calls.

bebixo

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
This has been happening to me, too, since last week. I've cleared cache, but it continues to happen. Has anyone found a fix to this (other than clear cache)? My Contacts still work...but that pop-up is annoying. Please help!

sparker04

May 21, 2014
Visit site
this has been happening with me too for the past couple days! i'll try to clear the cache.. hopefully it works *fingers crossed*

Jimbob1506

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
Happened to me randomly the last few days. I suspect it's the Phone clearing it from ram. The ram on this phone is pretty pants. 2gb seems alot, but it's more than half gone with no open apps

whtchdr

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Same issue here with Verizon Note 4. Must be an issue with an app that recently received an update. Only been happening for a short time.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Jack Salemi

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
My device is a Motorola and the same thing just started. It appears Android related not device related. I tried cache suggestions...DID NOT WORK.
I pieced together suggestions and,
Went: Settings> Apps> Disable Contacts Storage (Not Contacts) >Reboot >Re-enabled Contacts Storage (Apps>Disabled Apps>Enable)
So far so good:eek:

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
Note 4 and mine started doing this about 3 days ago too. And sometimes when I go to the contacts tab in the dialer, it won't show any of my contacts. Annoying for someone who has to use their cell phone all day

Posted via Samsung Galaxy Note 4

LuciH

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
And me. I've cleared the cache and done a full reset. Only put basic apps back on that were all there pre lollipop update. All was well before that. The problem still persists oh and my alarm clock doesn't work either now. Does anyone have any ideas?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos