Not everyone with Advanced calling (HD video VoLTE) likes it, but I did have it with a Droid Maxx and I did like it. The video calling was very crisp and calls made to other Advanced Calling phones were super clear. Calls made to phones without advanced calling sounded a little hallow. This was my experience with VoLTE. As well, Advanced Calling can be turned off if users don't like it.

That said, I am not happy with the slow updates coming to the Note 4. Even Verizon's Note Edge has HD video calling. My husband (Droid Turbo), brother, sister, niece (Galaxy S 5) and other niece (iPhone 6 plus) all have Advanced Calling. But not the Note 4. This is a high end phone that by all rights should have the most updated software. I would like to video call without using Hangouts, as it is not HD and it is not located on the phone dialer.
    Old Guy 59 likes this.
    02-17-2015 09:22 AM
    +1

Posted via the Android Central App and Note 4
    02-17-2015 09:35 AM
    I really don't think so. They tagged that on for looks imo (the 1.0) .. I don't see much more than can do with it. It is VoLTE.. that is about it. I am not sure what else they could do to make it upgrade to "2.0".
    skatergirl likes this.
    02-17-2015 09:57 AM
    Not everyone with Advanced calling (HD video VoLTE) likes it, but I did have it with a Droid Maxx and I did like it. The video calling was very crisp and calls made to other Advanced Calling phones were super clear. Calls made to phones without advanced calling sounded a little hallow. This was my experience with VoLTE. As well, Advanced Calling can be turned off if users don't like it.

That said, I am not happy with the slow updates coming to the Note 4. Even Verizon's Note Edge has HD video calling. My husband (Droid Turbo), brother, sister, niece (Galaxy S 5) and other niece (iPhone 6 plus) all have Advanced Calling. But not the Note 4. This is a high end phone that by all rights should have the most updated software. I would like to video call without using Hangouts, as it is not HD and it is not located on the phone dialer.
    Video calling? wait i don't know what is that with verizon? Is it just verizon to verizon? is there an app for it? lol
    I am on verizon and have never heard of this..but then again, I just joined Verizon like 5 months ago!
    02-17-2015 10:27 AM
    Hi ... I was kind of just exaggerating the slowness of Verizon with this feature. It actually might take a Note 5 to get this update.
    02-17-2015 10:27 AM
    Yes on verizon. You have to activate it if your phone is compatible.

Posted via the Android Central App and Note 4
    02-17-2015 10:36 AM
    Video calling? wait i don't know what is that with verizon? Is it just verizon to verizon? is there an app for it? lol
    I am on verizon and have never heard of this..but then again, I just joined Verizon like 5 months ago!
    Read about it here:

Advanced Calling 1.0 - Verizon Wireless - Verizon Wireless
    02-17-2015 10:47 AM