Stock Lollipop 5.0 on Note 4

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I was using CM12 for a quite a while, and while I liked it a lot, I ended missing S-Note functionality and a few other Samsung-specific features.

Posted via the Android Central App

AlfBriggs

May 19, 2014
Visit site
I was using CM12 for a quite a while, and while I liked it a lot, I ended missing S-Note functionality and a few other Samsung-specific features.

Can't say I am, but I totally understand.

AlfBriggs

May 19, 2014
Visit site
WARNING: Photos taken on the old Samsung camera look bad as the saturation is taken away making them look hugely under exposed.

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
There's always a tradeoff when you flash a custom ROM. I won't do it anymore because there's always some sort of annoying bug or something that never works as good as the stock version. I used to flash AOKP on my S3. Ran great for quite along time then I started getting random reboots. Quantam was another. Battery life was great, then the developer overtweaked something and introdiced bugs.

I'll stick with stock, the bloatware and all

AlfBriggs

May 19, 2014
Visit site
29 hours on a single charge!!!! Better than TouchWiz!!!!!

Attachments

• 26773.jpg
    26773.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 145

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Haha! I find stock ugly and actually prefer TouchWiz. :) Obviously it's all subjective, but like felloffthetruck alludes to, why use stock on a Note device? Because you essentially lose all the S-Pen features/functionality that make a Note a Note! :) To each their own though I guess...
Well the only stock device that's as big as the Note 4 is the Nexus 6, and that has terrible hardware. If you go stock on the Note 4 you still get a fantastic display, great battery life and camera.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
And a user-replaceable battery! :p Agreed it is a win hardware wise, but I'd truly miss all the S-Pen features.

That too! Without my spare battery my phone would be dying on me every day. Haven't had a phone without a charge in months :D

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimLP 5.0.2

Phantasmal Images

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
WARNING: Photos taken on the old Samsung camera look bad as the saturation is taken away making them look hugely under exposed.

Doesn't Lollipop add DNG raw file format for the camera? What you're describing sounds typical of raw image formats, because they're meant to be processed with a photo editor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC