If my phone knows this who knows what Samsung or Verizon knows

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    02-18-2015 02:32 PM
    Why wouldn't it know this? It knows the last time you made a call, the last time you opened Chrome, etc. It's a computer.

Posted via my awesome Note 4
    02-18-2015 03:07 PM
    If you're worried about that kind of stuff I suggest to opt out of the Verizon "super cookie" thing .
    Bosbouer likes this.
    02-18-2015 03:13 PM
    If you're worried about that kind of stuff I suggest to opt out of the Verizon "super cookie" thing .
    Super cookie? A cookie on steroids?

From an AOSP M8
    Almeuit likes this.
    02-18-2015 03:13 PM
    Nothing new. Pretty much every smartphone I've ever owned had this information.
    Bosbouer likes this.
    02-18-2015 04:12 PM
    Nothing new. Pretty much every smartphone I've ever owned had this information.
    No I don't believe any phone I had from Google , Apple , AT&T or t-mobile had this

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    02-18-2015 04:35 PM
    No I don't believe any phone I had from Google , Apple , AT&T or t-mobile had this

Then maybe you didn't hard enough, or understand what you were looking at.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    02-19-2015 10:42 AM
    Then maybe you didn't hard enough, or understand what you were looking at.
    Lmao I 100% understand what I was looking at and looked at my phones and they NEVER showed it ....would take pics but don't obviously have thee phones any more

02-19-2015 10:43 AM
    Heck, Verizon knows how hot your battery is at any given moment. All of the carriers have technology in place that monitors the phone. Remember the days of calling up Verizon and saying your phone battery is getting too hot, or that it is randomly rebooting. A lot of people figured out the automatic complaints that would trigger a phone replacement. Yes, dishonest people who .... oops..... scratched their phone and all of a sudden didn't like it because it wasn't pristine. Yes, just call Verizon, complain that its getting too hot, or rebooting, then lie to them that you did a factory reset yourself (which would shorten the tech support call time significantly) and you have a fresh new phone on the way overnight. These phones are essentially very powerful computers and they do cost a fair bit of money. Did you think the carriers wouldn't eventually find a way to call bull **** on your fake defective device complaint. Last time I called Verizon, they told me what my phones battery temperature was, and let me tell you, they were spot on. So, no more falsely reporting defective devices so you can get a new unscratched model. Those days are coming to an end.
    02-19-2015 02:16 PM
    then it's not "Factory" is it? What else is it hanging on to in there?

This is ancient history but I had a refurb Blackberry that had a previous owner's Pandora login info stored inside of it. When I installed pandora it fired right up with some chicks crappy music taste playlist. and I could see her email address.
    02-25-2015 11:52 AM