02-21-2015 07:34 PM
27 12
tools
    This only 2D vs 2D environment, for the $16.99 you also get the 3D side which is a whole leap in environment, with special 3D Themes, Live Wallpaper, Live/moving "Pets", etc. There may be some extra use on the battery but I don't notice any big difference as I also have a spare battery and charger so I always have fresh battery ready to swap out and go.

I tend to measure productivity of a launcher in terms of getting the maximum information with the fewest number of swipes or clicks. So I set up full screen widgets on 3 separate home screens for email, full month calendar and meetings. The full month calendar widget is from Next. You can swipe to different months right from the widget. Next also has a Side Slider bar to move from home screen to home screen, so you don't have to swipe past 4 plus screens to move to the farthest home screen. The Side Slider bar also has a pop up menu in it which can be very convenient. Next also has several pages of exclusive widgets which I find productive, unfortunately I am not able to take advantage of all the widgets because with the apps and folders I have set up and the 2 home screens for testing 9 home screens is not enough.

Another benefit is Next gives you 7 Dock Rows, Nova gives you 5 Dock Rows.

These are just a few of the extras you will find, for the difference in cost of $12.00 it is worth it for me since some of these extra conveniences I use many times a day. So that would be $1.00/month extra. I bought Next Launcher 3D Shell $16.99 way way back in 2012, they update it every few months with features and fixes have never spent any additional money, not even for paid themes. It has been well worth the extra $12.00 over the past 2-3 yrs. Your mileage may vary.
    02-21-2015 06:14 PM
    Next Launcher is nothing but awesome! I have been using it for a week now and can tell anyone that is by far the top tier of launchers.
    02-21-2015 07:34 PM
27 12