New to forum. Any pros/cons of purchase of Note 4 over purchase of Note 3 ?
    02-19-2015 10:01 PM
    Samsung are jerks in that, unlike iOS, new devices don't get the upgraded software features of new phones.

So the answer is yes, if you use the S pen. The function of clipping images with meta data in sets is much nicer, the keyboard is nicer, and the s note features are more robust.

BUT, if those aren't important to you, I'd say no. That being the case, if those aren't important to you, I'd say get the HTC One M9, because I don't see the point of having a note then.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-19-2015 10:25 PM
    I use the S-Pen on my Note 3 all the time. If you want an S-Pen, but don't mind the new S-Pen features of the 4, you can save a ton of money by waiting until the 5 comes out (maybe a month, maybe more). Then the price of both the 3 and the 4 will drop. (The 3 already did when the 4 came out.)

The M9 is a great phone if you don't care about the S-Pen - except for the non-removable battery. No spare, no removing it if it goes into thermal runaway, no buying a $15 battery when it goes. And a Qi charging back is a lot more than a Qi receiver that you stick into the Note, if you're interested in wireless charging..
    02-19-2015 11:37 PM
    Twice the resolution, the display is best out on any phone imo Won't matter for media content since there is hardly anything in 2K but it makes a huge difference when reading small text. Twice the sensitivy of the S pen and with some added features. A better GPU for gaming. The Note 4 also has fast charging. A little snappier processor too with the SD805. The Note 4 also has a better camera with image stabilization and can record video in 4K. It all depends on your financial situation. If money isn't really a concern I'd go for it because it definitely is nicer. If it is a concern then I'd wait for the Note 5, which if history repeats would be out in October-ish of 2015, because the Note 3 is still a great phone.

02-20-2015 03:09 AM
    pros: better hardware, gear VR compatibility
    cons: very expensive, may not worth the cost difference
    02-20-2015 03:49 AM
    If finances allow it I would always get the newer device. Better screen, better battery, better processor. It may not seem like a big deal now but if you keep your phone another year the difference will be bigger where the 4 will still have decent specs. I've had much better call quality on the 4 as well.

02-20-2015 08:14 AM
    I use the S-Pen on my Note 3 all the time. If you want an S-Pen, but don't mind the new S-Pen features of the 4, you can save a ton of money by waiting until the 5 comes out (maybe a month, maybe more). Then the price of both the 3 and the 4 will drop. (The 3 already did when the 4 came out.)

The M9 is a great phone if you don't care about the S-Pen - except for the non-removable battery. No spare, no removing it if it goes into thermal runaway, no buying a $15 battery when it goes. And a Qi charging back is a lot more than a Qi receiver that you stick into the Note, if you're interested in wireless charging..
    So you've used the m9?
    Also, the note 5 is coming out in a month? Yeah, no.
    Sent from my glorious note 4.
    02-20-2015 08:35 AM