My Note 4 stops charging randomly if I use or move my phone while its on the charger. I thought this was weird because I used to be able to hold my phone while its charging. Now if I pick up or move my phone while its charging, its stops charging until I reposition the charger cable. This problem originally started with my car charger so I thought the charger might be the issue but the same thing is happening with the OEM charger. The phone chargers just fine if I keep it on the charger without moving it. Any ideas why this might be happening?
    02-19-2015 10:41 PM
    My Note 4 stops charging randomly if I use or move my phone while its on the charger.
    The microUSB connector has 1 or 2 pins that aren't making solid contact with the board they're soldered to. Every time you move the phone and it stops or starts chargingk, it makes a little spark as the pin makes or breaks contact. Eventually those sparks (they're VERY hot) will char the board. Have the phone fixed or replaced now. (It's under warranty.)
    02-19-2015 11:32 PM
    The microUSB connector has 1 or 2 pins that aren't making solid contact with the board they're soldered to. Every time you move the phone and it stops or starts chargingk, it makes a little spark as the pin makes or breaks contact. Eventually those sparks (they're VERY hot) will char the board. Have the phone fixed or replaced now. (It's under warranty.)
    I just used my friends Galaxy S4 charger and it seems to be charging fine when I move my phone without any interruptions. Does not having fast charging on the S4 charger have anything to do with this? or maybe I might need a new USB cable? I find it weird that the interruptions were happening with both my car charger and OEM charger but not his S4 charger..
    02-20-2015 12:07 AM
    I just used my friends Galaxy S4 charger and it seems to be charging fine when I move my phone without any interruptions. Does not having fast charging on the S4 charger have anything to do with this? or maybe I might need a new USB cable? I find it weird that the interruptions were happening with both my car charger and OEM charger but not his S4 charger..
    If you are using the same usb cable in the car and on the mains charger, then suspect the cable. If you also used the same cable on your friends charger then it has to be the port on your Note 4
    02-20-2015 12:37 AM
    If you are using the same usb cable in the car and on the mains charger, then suspect the cable. If you also used the same cable on your friends charger then it has to be the port on your Note 4
    Im using different USB cables for my car charger and OEM charger. I think the problem might be the cable. I took my friends cable and connected it to my AC adaptor to charge my phone and I had NO interruptions while moving my phone. When I switched back to my cable, I started having interruptions again when I moved my phone while charging. Maybe it was a coincidence that both my car cable and OEM cable were having interruptions and they both might need to be replaced?
    02-20-2015 01:03 AM
    The only common denominator is the microplug. That would be my starting point given the additional info.
    02-20-2015 01:20 AM