03-09-2015 07:03 PM
64 123
tools
    Are you using the TouchWiz launcher? That can cause lag. If so recommend replacing it with Nova or Apex. Also, with Dev options enabled, change animations scales from from 1x to .5x for Windows animation, Transition animation, and Animator.

Those should make a marked reduction on any lag you're seeing.

📱VI+🐉
    Yes I am using touchwiz. I feel it's better than any other third party launcher. I said I had NOT experience any lag till now.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-27-2015 05:07 AM
    Yes I am using touchwiz. I feel it's better than any other third party launcher. I said I had NOT experience any lag till now.

Same

KRASIVA
    02-27-2015 05:34 AM
    Mines on 5.0.1 here in korea and its the Exynos version and post lollipop the battery runs down randomly and gets hot and sometimes it hangs on random apps. I did a factory reset and same issues linger. Benchmarks have went down slightly too.. Hoping these bugs get worked out asap. Love the new look and feel but really hating these bugs. Its bringing down the performance of the phone a lot. And the thermal throttling is ludicrous. The things barely warm and the performance gets cut in half.

Posted via my Note4 exynos version!
    02-27-2015 08:50 PM
    Very similar experience here in korea with Exynos model. Add more hanging on random system apps occasional contacts stopped working and reduced battery performance. Buggy to say the least. But not bad for a whole new system. Hoping a update or two come soon to fine tune it

02-27-2015 08:55 PM
    Mines on 5.0.1 here in korea and its the Exynos version and post lollipop the battery runs down randomly and gets hot and sometimes it hangs on random apps. I did a factory reset and same issues linger. Benchmarks have went down slightly too.. Hoping these bugs get worked out asap. Love the new look and feel but really hating these bugs. Its bringing down the performance of the phone a lot. And the thermal throttling is ludicrous. The things barely warm and the performance gets cut in half.

How was your experience on 4.4.4?

02-28-2015 04:55 AM
    My Nexus 7s have Lollipop, and I'm not that impressed. It's bright and ugly, but it seems to run okay after factory resets on both devices (the 2012 N7 was HORRIBLY SLOW on 4.x and 5.0, but going to 5.0.2 fixed it and it runs beautifully now).

But I think when 5.x makes its way to the Note 4, I'm going to put it off until it forces me to do the update. My Note 4 runs awesome. The battery life is great. Performance is beautiful. I really don't want Lollipop.
    clevin likes this.
    03-01-2015 01:17 AM
    My Nexus 7s have Lollipop, and I'm not that impressed. It's bright and ugly, but it seems to run okay after factory resets on both devices (the 2012 N7 was HORRIBLY SLOW on 4.x and 5.0, but going to 5.0.2 fixed it and it runs beautifully now).

But I think when 5.x makes its way to the Note 4, I'm going to put it off until it forces me to do the update. My Note 4 runs awesome. The battery life is great. Performance is beautiful. I really don't want Lollipop.
    Also, the update wouldn't push to my device. I connected to keys on PC when I saw the update available through sammobile and then it detected the update was available and did it through there. oTA never came... :-S

03-01-2015 06:25 AM
    Lets just say aside from the visual upgrades and minor feature upgrades...lollipop was a minor step back in overall performance of the phone. Kitkat worked pretty well

03-03-2015 02:40 AM
    One easy way is to go to Settings~~>Storage~~> click on Cached Data and select 'OK', of course, to clear the cache.

📱VI+🐉
    Thank you!

03-03-2015 09:46 AM
    Thank you!

That clears the application cache, by the way, but not the system cache. If it helps your problem, fair enough.

If it doesn't:

1. Turn off phone. Set it on a flat surface because this is going to be easier that way.
    2. Press and hold HOME / POWER / VOLUME UP.
    3. Once your phone vibrates, release HOME and POWER but continue pressing VOLUME UP until a menu appears.
    4. Use VOLUME DOWN to scroll to "clear cache partition" and POWER to select that option.
    5. Cache clear will take a few seconds. Then press POWER to select "RESTART" which should be the default option on that menu.

Because my hand-eye coordination stinks, I've discovered if you let go of all three buttons then press and hold VOLUME UP for step 3, it seems to work just as well.
    03-03-2015 03:10 PM
    Lets just say aside from the visual upgrades and minor feature upgrades...lollipop was a minor step back in overall performance of the phone. Kitkat worked pretty well

Good to know. Really apprehensive about lollipop with how well things are on kitkat and rooted. I wonder if there are any features that rooted kitkat won't give you?

03-03-2015 03:18 PM
    Wow didn't realize that. What's wrong with the nexus 6?
    For one, it's a bigger than average phone, which will be harder to use than others, from what I've seen, the performance isn't that great, nor is the battery life or camera.

Posted via Android Central App
    03-03-2015 04:56 PM
    Update! !

So looks like theres a bug in the power setitngs. Apparently the power saving mode sometimes leaves the cpu performance reduction on even though it's box is unchecked. Therefore reducing performance. After turning on PS mode and checking and unchecking cpu reduce the snappieness returns to normal and benchmarks return to almost kitkat levels. Prior to lollipop my exynos note 4 benched antutu at 51k consistently. Post lollipop it averages 48-49k and sufferes from thermal throttling much more so than kit kat.

03-04-2015 07:18 AM
    Hold out for the s6 edge, that's my 2 cents. On another note, try yahoo aviate launcher, it's pretty and different imo.

Sent from my glorious note 4.
    03-09-2015 07:03 PM
64 123