Any naked converts? Case converts?

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I've been switching between the Spigen Tough Armor & Neo since launch day but I've been wanting something thinner for a while now. Ordered the Samsung case and went naked for a few days while I waited for the new case to arrive. Case came in today and I really like it. Very thin but seems to provide a good bit of protection. Very happy with the fit and feel of this new case, I think I will be sticking with this one for a while.

Posted via the Android Central App from the beast A.K.A. Note 4.

Syn1cal

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
I think my next case will incorporate Qi charging... if I could get a Samsung LED case with built in Qi charging that would be ideal.

nasc2k

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm spending a pretty penny on this phone and I spent a pretty good penny on a case to protect it, no way in hell I'm risking going commando. Those of you that do are brave souls lol

JenTDOT

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I use a Spigen Slim Armour 13 something or other...it is the perfect size, but I find it to be very slippery, and the edges seem quite sharp at the port holes. It looks great though.
I would like a case with that thickness, but not to be so slippery.

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I use a Spigen Slim Armour 13 something or other...it is the perfect size, but I find it to be very slippery, and the edges seem quite sharp at the port holes. It looks great though.
I would like a case with that thickness, but not to be so slippery.

I started out with the Slim Armor as well. I used it for a couple months, and I thought the back was just too slippery as well. I really like the Speck Candyshell Grip, and it's about the same thickness, maybe even a little slimmer. I do miss the kickstand, though.

Joe Nunya

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I had always used a case and screen protector on every phone for about the last 18+ years.
The Note 4 is the first phone I am going naked with, it is just too large of a phone and too good looking of a phone to muck it up with a case.
At least a case that would do anything to help in a drop.
What I did instead was get insurance on it from Costco, so IF I drop it and destroy it or even lose it I get a new one for the next 2 years, even get a new battery if this one starts going bad.
The phone just feels too good without a case or screen protector.
So far in 3+ months its still like brand new.

jedi105

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I used to go naked but this Note 4 is a thing of beauty. I dropped it from waist high one day, it landed on the corner and wham, nice divot in the soft aluminum side. After insurance replacement, I dropped it again but no damage. That was enough for me. The writing was on the wall. Time for a case. So I spent a lot of time researching the various options out there. The best one I found was the Spigen Neo Hybrid. It looks great and it add very little bulk to the phone. The plastic frame looks almost like the phone itself. After a few weeks with the Neo Hybrid, I saw they had a metal Neo Hybrid and bought that. Let me tell you, it looks great......for about 2 days. First, I am really sensitive to the look and feel of my phone. I noticed right away that the metal frame of Neo Hybrid was so eye catching that it was impossible not to notice that the rubber bumper material was poorly trimmed. The shiny edge of the aluminum frame showed the little "hairs" of the laser cutting process on the rubber bumper. Lame. Then, after about another day, I noticed that the aluminum die cut edges were getting scratched. So, while I'm happy the scratches are happening to the case, I think that once they get to be too obvious I will just switch back to the original Neo Hybrid I had bought first. It looks like it will handle being in the pocket much better. I don't think I would ever use one of those clear cases because I could see them getting scratched very quickly. Unfortunately, keeping it naked in my pocket just isnt an option anymore

JenTDOT

May 20, 2013
Visit site
My rubber bumpers on my slim armour case seemed awkward as well. I can't see me getting a new case yet, as I need the funds for the glass protector, but I may look into the candyshell.

sforsyth01

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I used to go naked but this Note 4 is a thing of beauty. I dropped it from waist high one day, it landed on the corner and wham, nice divot in the soft aluminum side. After insurance replacement, I dropped it again but no damage. That was enough for me. The writing was on the wall. Time for a case. So I spent a lot of time researching the various options out there. The best one I found was the Spigen Neo Hybrid. It looks great and it add very little bulk to the phone. The plastic frame looks almost like the phone itself. After a few weeks with the Neo Hybrid, I saw they had a metal Neo Hybrid and bought that. Let me tell you, it looks great......for about 2 days. First, I am really sensitive to the look and feel of my phone. I noticed right away that the metal frame of Neo Hybrid was so eye catching that it was impossible not to notice that the rubber bumper material was poorly trimmed. The shiny edge of the aluminum frame showed the little "hairs" of the laser cutting process on the rubber bumper. Lame. Then, after about another day, I noticed that the aluminum die cut edges were getting scratched. So, while I'm happy the scratches are happening to the case, I think that once they get to be too obvious I will just switch back to the original Neo Hybrid I had bought first. It looks like it will handle being in the pocket much better. I don't think I would ever use one of those clear cases because I could see them getting scratched very quickly. Unfortunately, keeping it naked in my pocket just isnt an option anymore

I had your same complaints but love the feel of the metal on the Neo Hybrid. The silver coating on the plastic one started rubbing off due to rubbing against the cup holder of my car. That bothered me worse than the scratches on the metal. I think the Neo Hybrid Metal is my perfect case. Obvious scratches on the metal aside it is beautiful.

-Shawn
Noting the world one S-Pen at a time.