03-03-2015 11:04 AM
153 1234 ...
tools
    I have to say that I switched to a Note 4 a few weeks ago. I have only used iPhones since the 5, 5s, 6. Before that it was android and before that blackberry. I use all the same apps on my Note 4 that I had on my iPhone and they are terrible! All apps ran smooth and updated correctly with no hiccups. The apps on my note 4 are laggy and slow and don't act right half the time. I really like the S Pen and the customization options like I'm running next launcher 3d witch is BAD ***!! But I;m debating on switching back to a iPhone 6 just to have the assurance that my phone will operate correctly when needed with no battery pulls or restarts witch I have to do often even tho I have 3 gigs of ram. I'm torn to be honest. iPhone works awesome with no issues and only 1 gig of ram but screen and camera and apps are all flawless! On the other hand my Note 4 has a great screen and the customization is unreal! I'm not a fan of the huge screen either but that's what is offered to get the 3 gigs of ram and S Pen. I'm not bashing either but I don't know what to do, I'm torn!
    02-24-2015 09:07 PM
    I have to say that I switched to a Note 4 a few weeks ago. I have only used iPhones since the 5, 5s, 6. Before that it was android and before that blackberry. I use all the same apps on my Note 4 that I had on my iPhone and they are terrible! All apps ran smooth and updated correctly with no hiccups. The apps on my note 4 are laggy and slow and don't act right half the time. I really like the S Pen and the customization options like I'm running next launcher 3d witch is BAD ***!! But I;m debating on switching back to a iPhone 6 just to have the assurance that my phone will operate correctly when needed with no battery pulls or restarts witch I have to do often even tho I have 3 gigs of ram. I'm torn to be honest. iPhone works awesome with no issues and only 1 gig of ram but screen and camera and apps are all flawless! On the other hand my Note 4 has a great screen and the customization is unreal! I'm not a fan of the huge screen either but that's what is offered to get the 3 gigs of ram and S Pen. I'm not bashing either but I don't know what to do, I'm torn!
    Something must be wrong with your phone. I have had 2 different note 4 and have a iPhone 6 plus. I have never had to do a battery pull or had my note have random reboots.

Posted via the Android Central App
    jimd1050 likes this.
    02-24-2015 10:03 PM
    This could be it, because when I first got this phone I don't remember it being like this.

You sir may just be my hero lol

First, you can easily trade a note 4 for an iPhone 6 online, or sell the note for the cost of an iPhone. Try swappa.

Second,
    I've owned a note 2, 3 and now 4, and from what I've gathered, the GPS quality is variable. My note 3 had crap GPS until I physically tightened some screws and downloaded a GPS signal fixing app.

Fortunately, my new note is perfect on GPS, but I genuinely believe you that it lags. Your carrier will give you a new device if the GPS is defective, but for some reason, it seems that they give refurbished models, so many people with GPS issues continue to have them with the replacement phone too.

As an iOS and Android user (iPad 2, iPad mini retina, iPad air, iPhone 4s, 5s) and an Android user (too many to name) I have to say that if you like the iPhone better, just stay with it. It isn't a big deal, you gave it a shot on the other side and it wasn't your cup of tea.

Having said that, Swype on the note 4 is the best it has ever been. I mean, I've never used a keyboard this good, and I've used them all. But then again, I really liked the stock keyboard too.

02-24-2015 10:14 PM
    No, it's not about being different...different is fine, it's just insanely less intuitive. It's pictures, non of which are clear about what it's actually doing. And you to have to drag to bars exactly where u want it rather than easily run your finger across it

I don't know what you mean about the pictures, but it is really easy to just drag the bar to where you want to select. I don't understand how that is so ridiculous /terrible compared to the iPhone????
    LegalAmerican likes this.
    02-24-2015 10:19 PM
    What apps do you run that are so laggy and get stuck? I get the occasional hiccup every once in a very long while, but never even close to what you are describing.
    jdfry15 likes this.
    02-24-2015 10:20 PM
    Why not just use a different keyboard ? I use swiftkey on android since its 20 times better then Samsungs keyboard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    02-24-2015 11:45 PM
    No, it's not about being different...different is fine, it's just insanely less intuitive. It's pictures, non of which are clear about what it's actually doing. And you to have to drag to bars exactly where u want it rather than easily run your finger across it

I have an iPad and a note 4 and do use my iPad to take some pictures if I'm happening to be using it and need to take a picture of my 3 year niece. I find it quite easy to use my iPad stock camera app and Samsungs stock camera app both easy to use imo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    02-24-2015 11:48 PM
    The only thing I hate about this phone is the camera and it's terrible "shake to get auto focus to work" glitch.

Other than that, I can't put it down.
    heathersimon likes this.
    02-25-2015 12:26 AM

For selecting text pull the S-Pen out and while holding it away from the screen press and hold the button on the pen down and then bring the pen to the text you want to select. Drag the pen across the selection and voilla, easy text selection. As for the icons, it is what it is but once you know what they mean it's not like they're changing on you . . Select All, Copy, Share, Search.
    02-25-2015 12:59 AM
    What apps do you run that are so laggy and get stuck? I get the occasional hiccup every once in a very long while, but never even close to what you are describing.
    Facebook, LinkdIn, Gmail, Hangouts, Weatherbug, Triviacrack, just to name a few.
    02-25-2015 01:35 AM
    Something must be wrong with your phone. I have had 2 different note 4 and have a iPhone 6 plus. I have never had to do a battery pull or had my note have random reboots.

I don't have random reboots just need to do restarts a few times a day to keep it running right. My iPhone 6 ran good for days before it needed a restart.
    02-25-2015 01:38 AM
    First, you can easily trade a note 4 for an iPhone 6 online, or sell the note for the cost of an iPhone. Try swappa.

Second,
    I've owned a note 2, 3 and now 4, and from what I've gathered, the GPS quality is variable. My note 3 had crap GPS until I physically tightened some screws and downloaded a GPS signal fixing app.

Fortunately, my new note is perfect on GPS, but I genuinely believe you that it lags. Your carrier will give you a new device if the GPS is defective, but for some reason, it seems that they give refurbished models, so many people with GPS issues continue to have them with the replacement phone too.

As an iOS and Android user (iPad 2, iPad mini retina, iPad air, iPhone 4s, 5s) and an Android user (too many to name) I have to say that if you like the iPhone better, just stay with it. It isn't a big deal, you gave it a shot on the other side and it wasn't your cup of tea.

Having said that, Swype on the note 4 is the best it has ever been. I mean, I've never used a keyboard this good, and I've used them all. But then again, I really liked the stock keyboard too.

Where is Swappa? Is it part of Android Central or its own Website?
    02-25-2015 01:42 AM
    Never mind, i found the Swappa site. There is no trade option I can find just sell or buy. I need to trade mine, I can't sell then buy because I would be without a phone. Need to do a straight trade if I decided to switch back.
    02-25-2015 01:49 AM
    I find that while my iPhone 6+ operates very smoothly I prefer the look and feel of my Android devices. The customization has really drawn me in.

G3 📱
    02-25-2015 04:11 AM
    I don't have random reboots just need to do restarts a few times a day to keep it running right. My iPhone 6 ran good for days before it needed a restart.
    That's crazy, I have all of those same apps and have never had an issue like that. I'm sorry, but after 5 months I realized this phone is junk.-uploadfromtaptalk1424869957470.png
    Look at my uptime, and the only reason I had to restart is because my battery died.
    02-25-2015 08:12 AM
    The only thing I hate about this phone is the camera and it's terrible "shake to get auto focus to work" glitch.

Other than that, I can't put it down.
    Camera works great for me

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    02-25-2015 08:22 AM
    I would say you have a bad app somewhere. I have most of those same apps on my note 4 and iPhone. I think most apps look better on the iPhone but I don't see a real big difference in performance between the two.

02-25-2015 09:03 AM
    i use gmaps every day, never lags on me. maybe there is an app conflicting with it ?
    I also use gmaps daily...no problems with it here.
    Best I had was tel-nav on my blackberry.
    02-25-2015 09:37 AM
    Search for How well would Passport handle my heavy task load? in the Passport forum at Crackberry.

Big study about how the Note is a big POS that doesn't work. All from someone who tried to use it to run business.
    02-25-2015 09:40 AM
    It's unfair to say it's completely junk....it's does some things well, but overall as a device that I need to move as fast as I do, it's just not good.

Between work and life, I'm always on the go, using nav, camera, music, text etc. Unfortunately these things don't always work as good as they should.

I find it a huge slap in the face thatmy old iphone 5 was able to rub GOOGLE maps better than the most powerful android phone, and probably any phone out. The thing constantly lags, and half the times I'm missing turns because it didn't update in time...seriously?

Cameras are a huge part of smart phones for me. I take a lot of pictures of my dog, travel a lot, and just stuff I randomly see. The photos this phone takes are beautiful, but only if the lighting is perfect. My friends and I do a yearly snowboarding trip out west,and we're just recently in jackson hole. Everyone had iPhones but me. In great lighting I took some of the best pics, but the guts with 6's were close...but in low light, ny pictures were actually laughable compared to theirs. My camera also loves locking up when I open it, both google and stock camera, and will stay locked until I open up my running task and actually close it there.

Copy and paste? Terrible implementation of it, unless you wanna stop what your doing, use two hands and grab the s pen. Just plain dumb.

Now to be fair, there are A LOT of things I like about this phone. The screen is unreal, the camera is great at times...video recording is especially phenomenal, prob best on a smart phone. [redacted] capability changed my life lol. Battery is great. It's still an awesome phone, and does a ton of stuff my iphone didnt. However I feel things that they both do, things that are important to MY everyday use, the iphone did it better.

Hi ...

This might be a dumb question, but have you tried a factory reset to clear up some of the app issues you are having?
    02-25-2015 09:53 AM
    Hi ...

This might be a dumb question, but have you tried a factory reset to clear up some of the app issues you are having?
    I know it's a pain, but this might be a good idea. Something has got to be awry to have that many issues.
    02-25-2015 11:09 AM
    For a keyboard try Swype. The latest update fixed any lag issues it had and gives material themes. The prediction is top notch and if you do find something weird like 'grt' instead of 'get' you just long press on it and you can remove it from the dictionary.
    02-25-2015 12:09 PM
    Swiftkey solves keyboard issues for me -- Camera can be difficult sometimes versus my iPhone 6+ -- Gmaps and all the other stuff though works just as good as my 6+. As others said if you're having that many issues a factory reset may help.
    02-25-2015 01:36 PM
    I wonder which launcher OP is using (?) If you/he hasn't I strongly suggest using a launcher like Nova Prime

One of my buddies decided against upgrading to an Iphone 6/6+ and opted for the Note 4. I was excited when he made the decision thinking he would enjoy a customizable android device as much as I do. The truth is when you look at how he has his device set-up its apparent that he is an iPhone user using an android device. He doesn't know how to use 90% of the features that make the device so great. Honestly I don't think he is the type of user that likes to tinker and customize or even cares to find out about the features.

iPhones work fantastic out of the box, they just do. They're great devices. But for me personally it causes me claustrophobia, its so boring. I spent a lot of time customizing/optimizing my device to get it to be jussst right (using Nova Prime). I haven't had any of the problems OP is describing and I'll bet that if I handed my device to an andorid/note 4 doubter they either realize that they just arent an android user or that they want to learn how I got my device to be so fluid.

99.9% of issues with a device are user errors otherswise is just a preference. I happen to love the stock keyboard and the copy and paste methodology.
    jdfry15 likes this.
    02-25-2015 02:22 PM
    Bill, your friend reminds me of my husband. He was upgrading after 6 years with a sliding text phone. I thought iPhone would be the easier option for him to ease in to a smartphone. Oh he hated it! He loathed it. Returned after two weeks for a Nexus 5 and he was much happier. A case of Android being more intuitive to him. The lack of back button on iPhone had him stymied. Just never know.
    02-25-2015 02:39 PM
153 1234 ...