03-03-2015 10:04 AM
153 ... 4567
tools
    Wow. Thinking about switching back to iOS? I tried it out for awhile and am still tempted by it, but I'm not sure I can handle that plain OS.
    It would certainly take a while to get used to. I don't think I could go back to only an iPhone. ...however, for folks that only need their phones for the content they provide the iPhone can work great.

πŸ”‹from the Note 4βœ’ πŸ“’
    02-28-2015 08:24 PM
    I absolutely love my Note 4. I have no regrets at all. It's all about personal preference. If it's not for you then it's not for you.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-28-2015 09:15 PM
    Wow. Thinking about switching back to iOS? I tried it out for awhile and am still tempted by it, but I'm not sure I can handle that plain OS.
    I use an iPad and note 4 and tbh it's not that much different for me at least. I don't use a lot of widgets at all on my android phone so perhaps that why and I don't do crazy a lot different then perhaps multi tasking on my note 4

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    02-28-2015 09:36 PM
    I use an iPad and note 4 and tbh it's not that much different for me at least. I don't use a lot of widgets at all on my android phone so perhaps that why and I don't do crazy a lot different then perhaps multi tasking on my note 4

In the last few months I've used a Nexus 5, 6, LG G3, Note 4, and iPhone 6 Plus. The 6 Plus is a great phone. I just hate not having much option to make the phone mine. I'd love to be able to flip to one if I thought I needed a great camera and long lasting battery. I just wasn't a huge fan of what I felt was a very closed off OS. I'm sure I could use it for the long haul if I really tried or had to, but I can't knowing that Android is laying in the wings out there.
    02-28-2015 09:53 PM

I had written a post some time ago when I was trying to decide on which device to keep; my iPhone 6 Plus or the Note 4. There were a few things that I realized; both devices did mostly the same thing, but just in different ways. For me, iOS was more intuitive and performed better in those things that I wanted to do. iOS has more features than people give it credit for. The s-pen is an amazing hardware feature that allows you to a lot of different things in a very cool way. But when I actually counted the steps it took to do some things like take a note, copy and paste, to use some of the smart actions, I could do the same things on my iPhone or iPad. And actually do it in less steps. Again, I loved my Note 4. It was the most powerful and versatile smartphone that I had ever used. But when I looked at exactly what I need from my smartphone and how I wanted it to perform, the iPhone was the winner for me.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    Wildo6882 likes this.
    02-28-2015 09:53 PM
    That is crazy. I have never understood the whole " I can use my phone one handed" craze. To me, the only time you really need to use your phone one handed is while you're driving, which is a BIG NO-NO! While many of us still do it, it is absolutely crazy how fast something can go wrong when you're not paying attention while driving a car. Even with much smaller phones, most people still use both hand to mess with their phones.
    It's crazy that I use my phone one handed, and the only time I need to do this is when I'm driving? The only thing that's crazy is basically being told I use my phone wrong lol.

I have absolutely no reason to two hand my phone, almost ever. If what I'm doing requires two hands obviously i will, it's not like im trying to prove a point that I can one hand my note 4....

Any normal task like text, calling, Web browsing, email etc is all one handed 99% of the time.

03-01-2015 09:58 PM
    It's crazy that I use my phone one handed, and the only time I need to do this is when I'm driving? The only thing that's crazy is basically being told I use my phone wrong lol.

I have absolutely no reason to two hand my phone, almost ever. If what I'm doing requires two hands obviously i will, it's not like im trying to prove a point that I can one hand my note 4....

Any normal task like text, calling, Web browsing, email etc is all one handed 99% of the time.

I'm not saying you're doing anything wrong, I just don't understand what the big deal about using a phone (in general) with one hand is????
    03-01-2015 11:44 PM
    I'm not saying you're doing anything wrong, I just don't understand what the big deal about using a phone (in general) with one hand is????
    I guess if it's what you are used to it would be a big deal. Not for me however. I have used my smartphones with two hands ever since my first smartphone when I had the AT&T Tilt from HTC.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    03-02-2015 04:21 AM
    There are really only two times a day I ever use my phones one-handed. ...and I'll leave it at that.

G3 πŸ“±πŸ­
    03-02-2015 05:43 AM
    I'm sorry, I HAVE to chime in here because everyone's (up to the posts I've read) is acting like this gentleman's experience is normal behavior for the Note 4 - which they are NOT....the problems "logik brooklyn" is experiencing are not 'normal'. I have a Note 4 and have over 450 programs installed on it (a RANT for another day) and it doesn't lag at all. When it DID lag, I have ALWAYS found that it was a CA (crap app) that I'd installed, and removing it, removed my lag. Regarding the camera, I've never seen ANY camera perform as well as this thing IN LOW LIGHT, YES! Go to your camera settings, turn off your flash, turn on hdr, then go into a dark area without any iphobe's nearby (as to spare their iarrogance when their icrap is "exposed").
    When they ask why your Note 4 suddenly takes such beautiful low-light photos, tell them you must have been holding it wrong.
    I will give you the benifit of the doubt here and try the hdr (which I think I have already). As far as flash on or off...I've tried both. It actually takes better low light pictures with the flash on...clearer and less grainy at least.

The only problem with your statement that makes it lack aby credibility is that saying the note 4 takes BETTER low light shots than an iphone. I have 5 previous OLDER iPhones and I can promise you this isn't even close to correct. My 5 friends who I was on vacation with weren't talking from iarrogance, it was fact that their iphone 6's low light photos blew mine out of the water. MY EYES saw this too.

Besides me and my "iarrogant" friends, almost EVERY review on the internet, even real deal android die hard like yourself who discredit everything about the iphone admit it's low light camera, and camera in general is just better.

It isn't lol...just how I'm comfortable.

03-02-2015 09:09 AM
    I prefer my 6+’s low light photos to my Note 4's but my Note 4 takes great low light photos too.

G3 πŸ“±πŸ­
    03-02-2015 10:57 AM
    Besides me and my "iarrogant" friends, almost EVERY review on the internet, even real deal android die hard like yourself who discredit everything about the iphone admit it's low light camera, and camera in general is just better.
    Actually, there are a LOT of people that prefer the note's camera
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 wins our blind camera comparison, iPhone 6 is distant second
    03-02-2015 12:07 PM
    Well he's trying to prove the iPhone is better. To do that, you have to use the Note 4 with only one hand, and refuse to use the features that make the phone great, because it would require two hands.

I use my Note 4 with one hand most of the time, but when I need to copy and paste or do other things that is easier and more fluid with two hands, I <gasp> use both hands.
    jdfry15 likes this.
    03-02-2015 12:41 PM
    It may seem weird but some buy the Note 4 and Note Edge with no intention of using the S Pen. The phones do have a lot of other attractions like size, display quality, and specs.

πŸ“±VI+πŸ‰
    I've had a Note 2, Note 3, and now a Note 4. I can count the times I've pulled the stylus out on one hand. It's just not my cup of tea. My wife has a Note 2 and one of my daughters has a Note 3. I don't think they even know there's a stylus.
    03-02-2015 02:51 PM
    I am, and I can't do it. Apparently others can't either. Not sure if it's a carrier thing. It goes to vibrate but not mute.... which when I am in a business meeting would be nice to not turn my phone on to mute it.
    I use AutomateIt to automatically mute my phone when in meetings. It uses the calendar and if a meeting is in progress the phone is muted. Automatically unmutes when the meeting is over.
    03-02-2015 02:54 PM
    In some states it is illegal to hold a phone while the vehicle is moving.

from the G Pad 8.3
    In California it's illegal to hold a phone if you're sitting in a driver's seat. A colleague of mine got a phone call so he pulled off the street into a parking lot of a public park, stopped the car and turned off the engine. He then pulled out the phone and was promptly given a ticket. Turns out that holding a phone and/or a open bottle of liquor while sitting in the driver's seat is illegal, whether the car is running or not.
    03-02-2015 03:02 PM
    In California it's illegal to hold a phone if you're sitting in a driver's seat. A colleague of mine got a phone call so he pulled off the street into a parking lot of a public park, stopped the car and turned off the engine. He then pulled out the phone and was promptly given a ticket. Turns out that holding a phone and/or a open bottle of liquor while sitting in the driver's seat is illegal, whether the car is running or not.
    I'm not going to make some appropriate comment about California because it might offend some but I'm not terribly surprised.

G3 πŸ“±πŸ­
    SteelGator likes this.
    03-02-2015 03:31 PM
    I use my Note 4 one handed all the time. I don't have any issues nor do I play in the NBA. I use swiftkey.
    03-02-2015 04:00 PM
    I prefer my 6+’s low light photos to my Note 4's but my Note 4 takes great low light photos too.

G3 πŸ“±πŸ­
    I agree. I usually only take pictures for work outside but went to a concert this weekend with my family. I only had my note 4 with me and the results were just awful. I love the camera outside with hdr but was highly disappointed this weekend with it.

03-02-2015 04:08 PM
    I will give you the benifit of the doubt here and try the hdr (which I think I have already). As far as flash on or off...I've tried both. It actually takes better low light pictures with the flash on...clearer and less grainy at least.

The only problem with your statement that makes it lack aby credibility is that saying the note 4 takes BETTER low light shots than an iphone. I have 5 previous OLDER iPhones and I can promise you this isn't even close to correct. My 5 friends who I was on vacation with weren't talking from iarrogance, it was fact that their iphone 6's low light photos blew mine out of the water. MY EYES saw this too.

It isn't lol...just how I'm comfortable.

What kind of low light shots were you trying to take??? Bars, portraits, landscapes???
    03-02-2015 04:12 PM
    I agree. I usually only take pictures for work outside but went to a concert this weekend with my family. I only had my note 4 with me and the results were just awful. I love the camera outside with hdr but was highly disappointed this weekend with it.

Can you post some of the shots to see how AWFUL they were?
    03-02-2015 04:13 PM
    I know Tapatalk will render these so you can't see the details clearly but here's an example of the worst lighting you can have. 1 I let the camera do full auto, the other I held the screen where I wanted it clearest and it came out with 0 blur and sharp enough to make out individual tangles in my daughters hair. Once the icon turns blue, let off and it takes the photo
    Full auto

Held the screen with my finger

As far as speed, try changing save location to phone instead of sd card.
    Cut/paste is embedded in Swype so it can be done 1 handed easily

Hope that helps.

Support Our Troops !!!
    <><
    Beast Mode 4
    03-02-2015 04:36 PM
    My 6+ did something weird last week during a snow storm. I went out at about 3AM to take a picture. For some reason my neighbors porch light sensor tripped the light on and the light was lighting a small area of my yard. All the yards and street were completely snow covered. The 6+ camera made it seem almost as though it was day time except for a few areas where you could tell it was night like near the bottom of a tree.

I haven't tried my Note 4 camera yet at night during a snow storm. Might get that chance tomorrow. I meant to quote a post from above but I see I didn't.
    03-02-2015 07:29 PM
    Actually, there are a LOT of people that prefer the note's camera
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4 wins our blind camera comparison, iPhone 6 is distant second
    I said low light.

In good lighting this thing takes monster shots, maybe I could agree there it can edge out the iphone, or match it..a little over sharpened..but I actually like that look.

Read below...

Well he's trying to prove the iPhone is better. To do that, you have to use the Note 4 with only one hand, and refuse to use the features that make the phone great, because it would require two hands.
    Nice try...but I let the stock prices do that.

But...I'll entertain your "defend android to the death point" with an iphone I can literally place my thumb on the text I want, and select cut, copy or paste in the very next click. The note 4 requires me to first long press it, then extend the bars to the area I want l, then decipher one of four pictures at the top, that have no text to actually tell you what they do, once I decide which one it is I then have to reach to the very top of the screen and make my selection. Define how that is better please....this isn't about brand preference, it's facts.

03-02-2015 11:13 PM
    Just because Apples stock price is through the roof doesn't mean the iPhone is any better. I have three phones, Note 4, Note Edge and the iPhone 6+. To me, nothing compares to what the Android phones can do when comparing the same exact app between the two platforms. On so many apps I am able to do far more just using the notification screen without actually opening the app and yet I can't do much of those same things on the 6+ notification screen. That saves time.

I owned every iPhone from the beginning except for the 5. Two years ago, I bought my first Android phone but I wasn't happy with it because of the battery life. It just plain couldn't make it a full day and I could never get more than an hour on screen time. I though the Nexus 5 and 6 would be worth buying but I passed on those and kept using the 5S.

Finally, I made up my mind in January to buy the Note 4 and I realized just how far behind Apple has become in features and in what they allow apps to do. The iPhone 6+ will probably be my last iPhone. I've had it for a full week now and it's only saving feature is the bigger screen. Other than Apple Pay, I can't say it's any faster than the 5S I still have and it's certainly not better camera wise or in any other way. They didn't add much between the 5S and 6+.

I can't tell you how many of the features that my Note 4 and Note Edge have that I use everyday. I've been using my Note 4 to control my TV and Apple TV all night without even unlocking the screen. I can even turn on my blu-ray player which will automatically turn the TV to the correct HDMI input.

It's all about what this phone can do for me to make things easier and it does. Sure the camera is important but if the camera is the best thing a phone can do (iPhone 6+) is it really worth owning?

Here is a picture to show that I am not just talking without experience. I own all these phones.

I'm sorry, but after 5 months I realized this phone is junk.-img_5977.jpgI'm sorry, but after 5 months I realized this phone is junk.-img_9131.jpg
    03-02-2015 11:47 PM
153 ... 4567