I'm sorry, but after 5 months I realized this phone is junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
If you're having that much lag, I would bet there is a rogue app that you have installed. Go to your application manager and sort apps by size, then look for any that show a HUGE amount of data.

What is terrible about the copy and paste???

My brother's DNA was soooooooo slow that he would receive text messages like 15 minutes late. I don't remember which app he had installed, but it showed up at 3.2 GBS!!! and that was absolutely murdering his phone.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I had the iPhone 3,4,5 and finally got my first Android which was a Galaxy S5 last April... which took me a little while to get used to the larger screen. Within 9 months I wanted a larger screen so I got the Note 4 and I'm very happy with it. I have used the Google maps several times and it's always been very accurate with my location, approaching turns and giving me notice in plenty of time. If uninstalling map updates doesn't do the trick maybe reset the phone to factory and start over as a last ditch effort to rule everything out.

I was visiting my family in Florida for Christmas (I'm in Seattle) and they had just moved there; needless to say they were using their iPhone for directions constantly. Apple maps constantly got us lost regardless if we typed in the address or did a business search and then selected to route us to it. Finally I got so fed up with getting lost by the third day I grabbed my phone (S5 at the time) and pulled up our destination and it took us to the front door without any wrong turns. Apple maps suck; the phones are good though but you will need a 3rd party navigation app like Waze. As far as the camera like you said the Note 4 struggles in low light but is really good at everything else and the extra detail due to double the pixels is nice too. Hope you get it sorted out.

logik brooklyn

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
It's different than how Apple does it. That's my beef with these types of posts. If you have to have things the same as what you had before, keep what you had before.

No, it's not about being different...different is fine, it's just insanely less intuitive. It's pictures, non of which are clear about what it's actually doing. And you to have to drag to bars exactly where u want it rather than easily run your finger across it

Posted via the Android Central App

pappcam

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
No, it's not about being different...different is fine, it's just insanely less intuitive. It's pictures, non of which are clear about what it's actually doing. And you to have to drag to bars exactly where u want it rather than easily run your finger across it

The s-pen makes selecting text a breeze. Sounds like you don't use the note 4 to its full potential and are just used to the Apple way of doing things.

C.K400

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I have to say that I switched to a Note 4 a few weeks ago. I have only used iPhones since the 5, 5s, 6. Before that it was android and before that blackberry. I use all the same apps on my Note 4 that I had on my iPhone and they are terrible! All apps ran smooth and updated correctly with no hiccups. The apps on my note 4 are laggy and slow and don't act right half the time. I really like the S Pen and the customization options like I'm running next launcher 3d witch is BAD ***!! But I;m debating on switching back to a iPhone 6 just to have the assurance that my phone will operate correctly when needed with no battery pulls or restarts witch I have to do often even tho I have 3 gigs of ram. I'm torn to be honest. iPhone works awesome with no issues and only 1 gig of ram but screen and camera and apps are all flawless! On the other hand my Note 4 has a great screen and the customization is unreal! I'm not a fan of the huge screen either but that's what is offered to get the 3 gigs of ram and S Pen. I'm not bashing either but I don't know what to do, I'm torn!

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I have to say that I switched to a Note 4 a few weeks ago. I have only used iPhones since the 5, 5s, 6. Before that it was android and before that blackberry. I use all the same apps on my Note 4 that I had on my iPhone and they are terrible! All apps ran smooth and updated correctly with no hiccups. The apps on my note 4 are laggy and slow and don't act right half the time. I really like the S Pen and the customization options like I'm running next launcher 3d witch is BAD ***!! But I;m debating on switching back to a iPhone 6 just to have the assurance that my phone will operate correctly when needed with no battery pulls or restarts witch I have to do often even tho I have 3 gigs of ram. I'm torn to be honest. iPhone works awesome with no issues and only 1 gig of ram but screen and camera and apps are all flawless! On the other hand my Note 4 has a great screen and the customization is unreal! I'm not a fan of the huge screen either but that's what is offered to get the 3 gigs of ram and S Pen. I'm not bashing either but I don't know what to do, I'm torn!

Something must be wrong with your phone. I have had 2 different note 4 and have a iPhone 6 plus. I have never had to do a battery pull or had my note have random reboots.

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
This could be it, because when I first got this phone I don't remember it being like this.

You sir may just be my hero lol

First, you can easily trade a note 4 for an iPhone 6 online, or sell the note for the cost of an iPhone. Try swappa.

Second,
I've owned a note 2, 3 and now 4, and from what I've gathered, the GPS quality is variable. My note 3 had crap GPS until I physically tightened some screws and downloaded a GPS signal fixing app.

Fortunately, my new note is perfect on GPS, but I genuinely believe you that it lags. Your carrier will give you a new device if the GPS is defective, but for some reason, it seems that they give refurbished models, so many people with GPS issues continue to have them with the replacement phone too.

As an iOS and Android user (iPad 2, iPad mini retina, iPad air, iPhone 4s, 5s) and an Android user (too many to name) I have to say that if you like the iPhone better, just stay with it. It isn't a big deal, you gave it a shot on the other side and it wasn't your cup of tea.

Having said that, Swype on the note 4 is the best it has ever been. I mean, I've never used a keyboard this good, and I've used them all. But then again, I really liked the stock keyboard too.

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

I don't know what you mean about the pictures, but it is really easy to just drag the bar to where you want to select. I don't understand how that is so ridiculous /terrible compared to the iPhone????

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
What apps do you run that are so laggy and get stuck? I get the occasional hiccup every once in a very long while, but never even close to what you are describing.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Why not just use a different keyboard ? I use swiftkey on android since its 20 times better then Samsungs keyboard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

I have an iPad and a note 4 and do use my iPad to take some pictures if I'm happening to be using it and need to take a picture of my 3 year niece. I find it quite easy to use my iPad stock camera app and Samsungs stock camera app both easy to use imo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nasc2k

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
The only thing I hate about this phone is the camera and it's terrible "shake to get auto focus to work" glitch.

Other than that, I can't put it down.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

For selecting text pull the S-Pen out and while holding it away from the screen press and hold the button on the pen down and then bring the pen to the text you want to select. Drag the pen across the selection and voilla, easy text selection. As for the icons, it is what it is but once you know what they mean it's not like they're changing on you . . Select All, Copy, Share, Search.

C.K400

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
What apps do you run that are so laggy and get stuck? I get the occasional hiccup every once in a very long while, but never even close to what you are describing.

Facebook, LinkdIn, Gmail, Hangouts, Weatherbug, Triviacrack, just to name a few.

C.K400

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Something must be wrong with your phone. I have had 2 different note 4 and have a iPhone 6 plus. I have never had to do a battery pull or had my note have random reboots.

I don't have random reboots just need to do restarts a few times a day to keep it running right. My iPhone 6 ran good for days before it needed a restart.

C.K400

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
First, you can easily trade a note 4 for an iPhone 6 online, or sell the note for the cost of an iPhone. Try swappa.

Second,
I've owned a note 2, 3 and now 4, and from what I've gathered, the GPS quality is variable. My note 3 had crap GPS until I physically tightened some screws and downloaded a GPS signal fixing app.

Fortunately, my new note is perfect on GPS, but I genuinely believe you that it lags. Your carrier will give you a new device if the GPS is defective, but for some reason, it seems that they give refurbished models, so many people with GPS issues continue to have them with the replacement phone too.

As an iOS and Android user (iPad 2, iPad mini retina, iPad air, iPhone 4s, 5s) and an Android user (too many to name) I have to say that if you like the iPhone better, just stay with it. It isn't a big deal, you gave it a shot on the other side and it wasn't your cup of tea.

Having said that, Swype on the note 4 is the best it has ever been. I mean, I've never used a keyboard this good, and I've used them all. But then again, I really liked the stock keyboard too.

Where is Swappa? Is it part of Android Central or its own Website?

C.K400

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Never mind, i found the Swappa site. There is no trade option I can find just sell or buy. I need to trade mine, I can't sell then buy because I would be without a phone. Need to do a straight trade if I decided to switch back.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I find that while my iPhone 6+ operates very smoothly I prefer the look and feel of my Android devices. The customization has really drawn me in.

G3 📱

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I don't have random reboots just need to do restarts a few times a day to keep it running right. My iPhone 6 ran good for days before it needed a restart.
That's crazy, I have all of those same apps and have never had an issue like that. uploadfromtaptalk1424869957470.png
Look at my uptime, and the only reason I had to restart is because my battery died.

Status
Not open for further replies.