I'm sorry, but after 5 months I realized this phone is junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
In some states it is illegal to hold a phone while the vehicle is moving.

from the G Pad 8.3

In California it's illegal to hold a phone if you're sitting in a driver's seat. A colleague of mine got a phone call so he pulled off the street into a parking lot of a public park, stopped the car and turned off the engine. He then pulled out the phone and was promptly given a ticket. Turns out that holding a phone and/or a open bottle of liquor while sitting in the driver's seat is illegal, whether the car is running or not.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
In California it's illegal to hold a phone if you're sitting in a driver's seat. A colleague of mine got a phone call so he pulled off the street into a parking lot of a public park, stopped the car and turned off the engine. He then pulled out the phone and was promptly given a ticket. Turns out that holding a phone and/or a open bottle of liquor while sitting in the driver's seat is illegal, whether the car is running or not.
I'm not going to make some appropriate comment about California because it might offend some but I'm not terribly surprised.

G3 📱🍭

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I prefer my 6+’s low light photos to my Note 4's but my Note 4 takes great low light photos too.

G3 📱🍭

I agree. I usually only take pictures for work outside but went to a concert this weekend with my family. I only had my note 4 with me and the results were just awful. I love the camera outside with hdr but was highly disappointed this weekend with it.

Posted via the Android Central App

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I will give you the benifit of the doubt here and try the hdr (which I think I have already). As far as flash on or off...I've tried both. It actually takes better low light pictures with the flash on...clearer and less grainy at least.

The only problem with your statement that makes it lack aby credibility is that saying the note 4 takes BETTER low light shots than an iphone. I have 5 previous OLDER iPhones and I can promise you this isn't even close to correct. My 5 friends who I was on vacation with weren't talking from iarrogance, it was fact that their iphone 6's low light photos blew mine out of the water. MY EYES saw this too.

Besides me and my "iarrogant" friends, almost EVERY review on the internet, even real deal android die hard like yourself who discredit everything about the iphone admit it's low light camera, and camera in general is just better.

It isn't lol...just how I'm comfortable.

What kind of low light shots were you trying to take??? Bars, portraits, landscapes???

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I usually only take pictures for work outside but went to a concert this weekend with my family. I only had my note 4 with me and the results were just awful. I love the camera outside with hdr but was highly disappointed this weekend with it.

Can you post some of the shots to see how AWFUL they were?

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I know Tapatalk will render these so you can't see the details clearly but here's an example of the worst lighting you can have. 1 I let the camera do full auto, the other I held the screen where I wanted it clearest and it came out with 0 blur and sharp enough to make out individual tangles in my daughters hair. Once the icon turns blue, let off and it takes the photo
Full auto
acf88818c2a2f52ca41c27e239da6bd1.jpg

Held the screen with my finger
5d278251f7f4b73a2228e336ebb2b6b9.jpg

As far as speed, try changing save location to phone instead of sd card.
Cut/paste is embedded in Swype so it can be done 1 handed easily
9f614f20fd2c6aacdd3efb81e49004db.jpg

Hope that helps.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
My 6+ did something weird last week during a snow storm. I went out at about 3AM to take a picture. For some reason my neighbors porch light sensor tripped the light on and the light was lighting a small area of my yard. All the yards and street were completely snow covered. The 6+ camera made it seem almost as though it was day time except for a few areas where you could tell it was night like near the bottom of a tree.

I haven't tried my Note 4 camera yet at night during a snow storm. Might get that chance tomorrow. I meant to quote a post from above but I see I didn't.

logik brooklyn

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Actually, there are a LOT of people that prefer the note's camera
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 wins our blind camera comparison, iPhone 6 is distant second

I said low light.

In good lighting this thing takes monster shots, maybe I could agree there it can edge out the iphone, or match it..a little over sharpened..but I actually like that look.

Read below...

Well he's trying to prove the iPhone is better. To do that, you have to use the Note 4 with only one hand, and refuse to use the features that make the phone great, because it would require two hands.

Nice try...but I let the stock prices do that.

But...I'll entertain your "defend android to the death point" with an iphone I can literally place my thumb on the text I want, and select cut, copy or paste in the very next click. The note 4 requires me to first long press it, then extend the bars to the area I want l, then decipher one of four pictures at the top, that have no text to actually tell you what they do, once I decide which one it is I then have to reach to the very top of the screen and make my selection. Define how that is better please....this isn't about brand preference, it's facts.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Just because Apples stock price is through the roof doesn't mean the iPhone is any better. I have three phones, Note 4, Note Edge and the iPhone 6+. To me, nothing compares to what the Android phones can do when comparing the same exact app between the two platforms. On so many apps I am able to do far more just using the notification screen without actually opening the app and yet I can't do much of those same things on the 6+ notification screen. That saves time.

I owned every iPhone from the beginning except for the 5. Two years ago, I bought my first Android phone but I wasn't happy with it because of the battery life. It just plain couldn't make it a full day and I could never get more than an hour on screen time. I though the Nexus 5 and 6 would be worth buying but I passed on those and kept using the 5S.

Finally, I made up my mind in January to buy the Note 4 and I realized just how far behind Apple has become in features and in what they allow apps to do. The iPhone 6+ will probably be my last iPhone. I've had it for a full week now and it's only saving feature is the bigger screen. Other than Apple Pay, I can't say it's any faster than the 5S I still have and it's certainly not better camera wise or in any other way. They didn't add much between the 5S and 6+.

I can't tell you how many of the features that my Note 4 and Note Edge have that I use everyday. I've been using my Note 4 to control my TV and Apple TV all night without even unlocking the screen. I can even turn on my blu-ray player which will automatically turn the TV to the correct HDMI input.

It's all about what this phone can do for me to make things easier and it does. Sure the camera is important but if the camera is the best thing a phone can do (iPhone 6+) is it really worth owning?

Here is a picture to show that I am not just talking without experience. I own all these phones.

IMG_5977.jpgIMG_9131.jpg

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand why this post has been drawn out like this. The OP should just get the phone that will make them happier.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Nice try...but I let the stock prices do that.

But...I'll entertain your "defend android to the death point" with an iphone I can literally place my thumb on the text I want, and select cut, copy or paste in the very next click. The note 4 requires me to first long press it, then extend the bars to the area I want l, then decipher one of four pictures at the top, that have no text to actually tell you what they do, once I decide which one it is I then have to reach to the very top of the screen and make my selection. Define how that is better please....this isn't about brand preference, it's facts.

If you struggle to "decipher" what the secret code emblems at the top of the screen mean after selecting text, no one can help you there. This isn't National Treasure here, It's two pages overlapping.

And I don't defend Android to the death when we're discussing things that the iPhone does better. I will freely admit the iPhone is more consistent in it's performance, it takes much better low light photos, and it's build quality is second to none. However when people are grasping at straws to say that the iPhone is better just because that's what they're used to, I will point out the weaknesses in their arguments. If copy and paste is too complicated, and you hyperventilate when you might need to use your phone with both hands, i'm afraid you made the wrong choice when picking up the Note 4. You gotta do your research.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
We appreciate everyone who participated in this thread giving their advice to the OP and hope that he has the best of luck with the phone of his choice. That's what it's all about, what works best. It's a personal thing.

With that in mind, this thread has pretty much run it's course and there really isn't much more to be said that hasn't already been said. So it's about time to close this thread.

For those who are into iOS and iPhones/iPads, there is a very friendly forum or "sister" site if it can be considered that called iMore at imore.com. You can easily get to it by clicking the little arrow to the right of the AndroidCentral logo at the top left of the page here. Your login here will work there. Lots of friendly people there and I go there occasionally because I do own an iPhone 6+.

For the rest of us, lets get back to doing what we do best in this forum, talking about the best phone ever :) and having some fun!

Say, did you hear about the two white Note 4s who walked into the bar...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles