Heat Issues

Syn1cal

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
The other day Power Clean said my device temperate was over 140 degrees, which I find pretty alarming.. normally its in the 100-120 range while using it and in lock/idea state its around 80 degrees. Well, the phone starts doing some funny things at high temperatures. Programs stop responding, and the device gets sluggish... Does anyone else have overheating issues?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Recent update and didn't clear cache?

If not, any unusual long wakes? Anything running in the background?

Assuming the ambient temperature isn't around 95 degrees (the higher the temperature in the room, the higher the phone temperature - cooling depends on temperature difference), my next suspect would be the battery. Open it, pop the battery and see if that's what's warm, and if the battery compartment cools off faster than the battery.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
The other day Power Clean said my device temperate was over 140 degrees, which I find pretty alarming.. normally its in the 100-120 range while using it and in lock/idea state its around 80 degrees. Well, the phone starts doing some funny things at high temperatures. Programs stop responding, and the device gets sluggish... Does anyone else have overheating issues?

I pretty much just ignore Power Clean. I've turned on my Note 4 and within a second it popped up and told me my phone was over heating and the case feels ice cold. Ignoring it hasn't messed up my phone. I think the app is garbage myself. I think I'm going to remove it. My boss recommended it and that's the only reason I have it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781