I have the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and use PowerAmp to listen to music. A new issue has come up in the last week or so where I am happily listening to music with headphones and a notification will come in for a text, email or phone call and the song and notification will play over the phone's speakers (the song dims in volume so the notification/ring is louder). It is also possible that when I answered a phone call the entire conversation was played over the phone's speaker like it was on speakerphone - even though the headphones were plugged in. I am using Bose in-ear headphones for mobile phones.

Anyone else come across this issue? Any suggestions for a fix?
    02-24-2015 07:21 PM
    Yea I am looking for a resolution of some sort for this issue though I am using beats studio wireless and beats tour 2
    02-24-2015 09:01 PM
    *sigh* so after bascially coming up with nothing in my internet/forum searching I decided to try Samsung support directly. After going back and forth for about an hour Samsung support advised me:

Support: Samsung do not suggest any third party applications.
    Me: So basically the phone isn't designed to use third party applications?
    Support: Samsung do not suggest any third party apps.

Really... I mean really?? So basically you can only use your Samsung phone directly out of the box, just don't even think about downloading a single one of the millions of third party apps out there. I am completely sympathetic to the fact that they cannot support or guarantee compliance with every app but since my issue only came up in the last two weeks and I have had the third party apps for several months, something changed somewhere. If we can't suppliment our androids with third party applications we may as well go back to Apple.

One thing I did learn is a soft reset. Power off the phone, remove the battery and wait 30 seconds before putting the battery back and turning it on. After doing that my test run seems to indicate everything is fine but will have to wait and see.
    02-25-2015 03:26 PM