03-04-2015 03:41 AM
41 12
tools
    Will it run independently and track location with gps without the phone around?

Sent from my mobile device
    Just tried it out and nope, the phone has to go running with it, endomondo just got voted off the island. Sure glad it was free. That is pretty dumb it does not use the onboard GPS.
    bat0nas likes this.
    02-26-2015 06:08 PM
    I use a Fitbit Charge with mine and it works great. Definitely recommend it.
    02-27-2015 01:19 AM
    Just tried it out and nope, the phone has to go running with it, endomondo just got voted off the island. Sure glad it was free. That is pretty dumb it does not use the onboard GPS.
    That's why I will totally skip this Gear S generation (and current smart watch generation in general).

Currently on my purchase radar - Garmin Fenix 3. It is not as smart as Gear but at least I don't need a phone to use gps.

02-27-2015 02:09 AM
    Endomondo just got updated to support gps on smartwatches. Currently Sony Smartwatch 3 only.
    But that's a good start. Sorry Samsung....

02-27-2015 04:34 PM
    thats exactly what i use my Gear S for. Besides its an awesome notification platform for calls, messages, emails, Facebook updates. I use the Hear Rate Monitor paired with Endomondo every day!! It works awesome!!

1) have endomondo installed on Note 4
    start it up and select your workout. Walking, hiking, weight training etc.
    on Gear S
    1) download and install the endomondo app for Gear S from Gear Manager Applications
    2) IMPORTANT!! I could not get the HRM to transfer to endomondo Unless i do this everytime:
    a) start s-health on Gear S
    b) select and activity (one that measures Heart rate) I use walking
    c) Start
    d) it will look for location and then start to record your Heart Rate. At this point you can go back to Endomondo app when your ready and press START.

Your activity will be recorded and transmitted to your Note 4.

NOTE:!!! endomondo on Gear S is NOT standalone app yet. it requires the app running and connected to the Note 4 to function. I am told they are working on the standalone version for Gear S.

Have fun!
    02-27-2015 04:40 PM
    Waiting on my Garmin Vivoactive to release & ship next month. I was looking for more of a fitness tracking watch with some smart watch features and this seems to fit the bill.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-27-2015 09:12 PM
    I've got both a Gear Fit and a Gear S I tether with my Note4.
    The Fit is really nice for notifications and in conjunction with the S Health app on the phone but the S , the phwatch of smartwatches, can do quite a bit more.
    I guess it depends on ones needs or desires as to which is best for them.

Support Our Troops !!!
    <><
    Beast Mode 4
    02-27-2015 10:47 PM
    Hi guys am thinking of getting the polar M400. This meet my everyday need with a very good battery life. Does anyone use this with the note 4? Will it work with the s health app?

Sent from my Phabnote 4 SM-N910C
    03-01-2015 07:32 AM
    I decided to leave my Note 4 at home last night when I went out and took my iPhone with me for something different. My Note 4 is paired with my Gear S. I had gotten a few miles away from home when I realized that I wasn't going to get any texts on my watch from my phone. Then I remembered all I had to do was enable auto call forwarding on the watch. I enabled it on the watch and I didn't miss the text on where to meet up with some friends.

This is the biggest reason I love this Gear S watch. I have no regrets on buying it.
    03-01-2015 10:51 AM
    I will be getting Garmin Fenix 3. It supports basic notifications (emails, texts, facebook maybe even calendar reminders I don't know).
    And it is more independant from my phone than others.

I really need a sportswatch and non of the current smartwatches are good enough.

03-01-2015 11:54 AM
    I have the Asus Zen and Samsung Fit. Like them both although the Zen was shaky before the last Wear update. The Fit is not Android Wear but looks good and is better for working out and is cheaper now.
    03-01-2015 03:12 PM
    Zenwatch pairs nicely with my Note 4, I've had the Gear S and Pebble, if the Gear S could remain lit I would have kept it

03-03-2015 12:05 AM
    Zenwatch pairs nicely with my Note 4, I've had the Gear S and Pebble, if the Gear S could remain lit I would have kept it

It can stay lit up. There is a setting to keep the display on. It only shows digital numbers though and not a clock face.
    03-03-2015 12:10 AM
    It can stay lit up. There is a setting to keep the display on. It only shows digital numbers though and not a clock face.

So where is that setting?

I had my watch stay on the other day for hours and never figured out why.
    03-03-2015 07:48 PM
    Found it under Settings>style>clock>always on

Stock clock faces stay on but do dim to black and white unless you look at it.

A good watch for the Note 4?-screen-20150225185951-4-.png
    03-03-2015 08:22 PM
    Moto 360. Love it. Have a few wrist bands and I easily get through the day on the battery. Sharp looking.
    03-04-2015 03:41 AM
41 12