Ok so ive just received my note 4 I currently have a S4. I have been trying for 2 hours to send my texts from my S4 to my Note and I cant do it it wont let me connect to kies (not that I even know how to use that either) .. should I just delete and start again ?(the texts that is)
    also I have some numbers stored on my phone and some on sim and I don't know how to get them from my phone to my note ?

as I said novice and clueless ! but happy to learn x thanks for any help
    02-26-2015 09:31 AM
    Hello there,

For the texts, it can be a little tricky. Kies will backup your texts and contacts and everything, but won't transfer them (at least until the last version I used, which was a while ago) to a new device, it'll only let you restore the backup to the SAME phone it came from. For texts I used an app called EaseBackup, which basically creates a file (which you copy to your new phone) and restores SMS/MMS to that.

For contacts, I suggest you keep all of them on your Google account, that way when you set up your account in the new phone, they'll automagically appear there, plus being available anywhere you have a web browser and even let you have up to a month's worth of 'history' to undo changes and restore a previous state in case you delete someone you didn't want or something like that. To transfer everything not already there, just go to your Contacts app, hit the menu button, and select MOVE DEVICE CONTACTS TO (Or if you have an Export to or Move To option, that should work as well, can't remember how it is on the S4). There just select your Google account and presto! When you set up your account in your new phone, your Contacts will be there.
    02-26-2015 10:06 AM
    You can go into the galaxy app store and download smart switch to both phones and it should move your contacts and texts over to your new phone. Just download and follow the directions. It should work pretty well since they are both samsung galaxy phones.
    02-26-2015 10:12 AM
    Sorry the app is called Smart Switch Mobile. It's an orange square with a white S.
    02-26-2015 10:12 AM
    thanks so much, I managed phone contacts so will try smart switch and see what happens
    02-26-2015 10:42 AM
    I use SMS Backup+ a free app from the Play Store. I backs up my texts to my gmail account and if you install it on your new phone it will also restore them.
    02-26-2015 10:45 AM