HELP!!! my scrapbook images are GONE!

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I had about 50 smart clips that i took with the S-pen all ended up saved in the "scrapbook" app. Yesterday I opened the app, and this is what I see

It shows the # of images that were present, but now all is see is white boxes! After spending 45 mins with Samsung technical support, I still wasn't able to re-cover my pics!

scrapbook.jpg

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
When you try to open any of those, do they open anything or do they show an error? Have you tried syncing your phone to Kies?

And last but not least, did you sync your Scrapbook to your Samsung account? If so, you could try clearing the data of the Scrapbook app (this would definitely delete all notes there) and then re-syncing with your Samsung account, see if it re-downloads your snippets.

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
When you try to open any of those, do they open anything or do they show an error? Have you tried syncing your phone to Kies?

And last but not least, did you sync your Scrapbook to your Samsung account? If so, you could try clearing the data of the Scrapbook app (this would definitely delete all notes there) and then re-syncing with your Samsung account, see if it re-downloads your snippets.

Yes I did try to sync my phone with Kies but it was over wifi...but the process of connecting over wifi never worked, so I killed it half way.

I just created a Samsung account now as the rep told me so I didn't have have it before..Now that I have created a Samsung account, I will back up all my images there.

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site

It doesn't give me any error message..it just opens up to the screenshot I have above

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Also wht's funny is these images that I had saved had texts in it!
Now when I click on one of those "white boxes" (which would have been an image), I don't see image, but I am able to see the text that was within the image!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Can you export those? I can't remember... if you can, try saving it to a PDF or sharing it with another app. Does it share the 'lost' image?

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Can you export those? I can't remember... if you can, try saving it to a PDF or sharing it with another app. Does it share the 'lost' image?

When I open the "image", from the menu my options are delete, Export and Share via

When i click Export it just exports as a Scrapbook file and it is stored under Storage/emulated/0/scrapbook. When I go to my files to open it, I don't see any image.

When i hit share via, it gives me 2 options : Image and text is 1st option, 2nd option is Scrapbook file (SCC). When I hit image and text, it gives me option to select a app which I can use to share it with. In that app, only the text from the image shows up, but not the Image. I have tried multiple apps to share it, but in every single app, only the text from the image shows up, not the image!

sendit2suz

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I have a Samsung account and it is synced, but still (as of today) my scrapbook looks like your original picture - white boxes. I recently did some kind of an update; I think it was a security update. Not sure if this is related or not. I save things to my scrapbook all the time, so I have a bunch of stuff in there. In fact, even now it says I have a 138 things, but you cannot see them. They are just white boxes. Disappointing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000