I was setting up a gopro 3 black today and trying to get it to connect to my note 4 so I could use the app. I've tried numerous things including updating the firmware and the Wi-Fi configuration on the Gopro. I can see the Wi-Fi network on my note 4, but when I try to connect it does nothing. Occasionally it will come up with an error, "authentication error occurring". It connects with ease on my iPad 3. Just to clarify, you have to connect your device to the GoPro's Wi-Fi, and then you can connect to the app. The issue I am having is I cannot connect the Note 4 to the Gopro's WiFi. Has anybody else experienced this issue?
    03-01-2015 03:10 PM
    "Forget" the connection, then connect.
    skittlepop likes this.
    03-01-2015 03:14 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion, but no luck. I also deleted and reinstalled the app, just in case. Rebooted devices, re-downloaded the wireless update with a different wifi name and unique password. Not sure, this one's a stumper so far.
    03-01-2015 04:14 PM
    I just bought a GoPro 4 black and was having trouble getting it to pair, until I turned off smart wifi switch on my note 4 then I could get it to work. Also the gopro had to be in a certain pair mode for android. Android gorpo app does all the communication through WIFI but iOS app does it through WIFI and BLUETOOTH. The youtube video from gopro talks about this at around 4:15 in. Now how much of this is valid for the hero 3 i'm not sure since this hero 4 is my first gopro.

http://gopro.com/support/articles/go...nected-message
    How to Pair the Camera with the GoPro App
    skittlepop likes this.
    03-07-2015 07:34 PM
    I was setting up a gopro 3 black today and trying to get it to connect to my note 4 so I could use the app. I've tried numerous things including updating the firmware and the Wi-Fi configuration on the Gopro. I can see the Wi-Fi network on my note 4, but when I try to connect it does nothing. Occasionally it will come up with an error, "authentication error occurring". It connects with ease on my iPad 3. Just to clarify, you have to connect your device to the GoPro's Wi-Fi, and then you can connect to the app. The issue I am having is I cannot connect the Note 4 to the Gopro's WiFi. Has anybody else experienced this issue?
    I am using the Sony Action Cam and was having the same problem with my WiFi. For me...I was trying to connect without an SD card in the Action Cam. With the SD card in...it works flawlessly.

Posted via the Android Central App using the Note 4
    skittlepop likes this.
    03-08-2015 08:52 PM
    I'm having the same issue with my GoPro 3+ Black on a Galaxy S6 running Android 5.1.1! Same thing is happening on my Galaxy Tab S after it was updated from KitKat to Lollipop. On both devices when I insert the the correct password I get both a "wrong password" or "authentication error" message.
    I tried everything (reset of gopro, changing password, updating firmware, etc.) but it was useless.

Did you manage to solve this issue guys?
    09-27-2015 03:11 AM