Samsung pay in Note 4?

wattm

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
GALAXY NOTE 4 USERS - have hope.

Just got off the phone from Sunsung Pay Support. I was inquiring if there was any technical reason that Samsung Pay isn't available on the Note 4. Basically the response was it's a marketing decision (as the Note 4 technically can run it).

What has been suggested is for any Note 4 users that want Samsung Pay to call Samsung Support, and register your interest / request. If there is enough demand for Note 4 compatibility, it may get included in the next release.

So come on - give them a call and let's get this happening.

Brew Swayne

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Samsung is getting to release the next Note phone in a couple of weeks, so I honestly doubt that they're going to go through the hassle of updating a 2 generation old phone. I'd expect that all future updates will be just enough to keep the phone functioning properly, but I wouldn't expect to see any new functionality.

Brew Swayne

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Too much "big brother" for me. I wouldn't use it, even if i had it.:p

If you have a smartphone, you're on the grid and big brother is already watching whether you use Android/Samsung/Apple Pay or not. Besides, your credit card purchases are already being tracked anyway. Have been for years. So it's not like you're really hiding anything from them anyway. :)

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Samsung is getting to release the next Note phone in a couple of weeks, so I honestly doubt that they're going to go through the hassle of updating a 2 generation old phone. I'd expect that all future updates will be just enough to keep the phone functioning properly, but I wouldn't expect to see any new functionality.
This. Time to upgrade folks if it's that important.

Dominic Tanner

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
i'm looking to trade in my Note 4 ASAP, the lack of SD card compatibility sucks, but im willing to overlook that for Samsung Pay. I use Google Wallet now, but in places where its not available to use Samsung Pay has the upper hand

Do some research first. The Note 7 has expandable storage as well as access to samsung pay.

Steven Stroehlein

Jan 28, 2017
Visit site
the only thing i have found that works at all is android pay, and it does not work in all places. It really does kind of stink, however, i use it when I can and use my card when I have too, because I do not want to upgrade to the note 7, I might upgrade when the galaxy 8 comes out though. provided there are no battery issues. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza