Going to upgrade from Note 4 to S6 or S6 Edge?

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
It's not much of an upgrade without an S pen, larger battery and 5.7 inch screen. I'll wait till the note 5 probably.

Posted via the Android Central App

Bishop_99

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Not a chance. I upgraded from the Galaxy S4 to the Note 4 and I couldn't be happier. I still have the Galaxy S4 and it just feels way too small, I couldn't go back down to a smaller phone like that. The lack of SD card support and no replaceable battery on the GS6 is a big lose for me. I will try out the GS6 at Best Buy though and transfer any QHD sample videos it includes. Out of the two, the Galaxy S6 Edge looks most interesting, but I'm not going back to the S line, especially now.

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
No, because its worse in all the areas that matter to me (Screen size, s-pen, expandable storage, removable battery) and only better in areas that don't need improving on the Note 4 (processor speed, DPI).

msnider23

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
No, I've gotten way to accustomed to the screen size and great battery life of the note 4. But the s6 does have me excited at the eventual upgrade to a new note 5

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Nope. I just got my note 4 maybe three weeks ago. I'm on a phone buying ban. Lol

naira1

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
That's not an upgrade or a sidegrade. Don't know what to call it at all.

Sent from my Phabnote 4 SM-N910C

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
What do they do that's different?

From what I saw the edge feature (like the strip) is only active when the phone is on standby and the screen is off. Otherwise during normal operation it's really just one whole screen as opposed to a separate strip with all the shortcuts and info etc.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
What do they do that's different?

On the Note Edge, the edge panel shows notifications when you are using apps which allows you to see who an email, text or forum notification is from without having to actually go to the app and look. It also displays music controls while you are using other apps, it can display the weather also. The edge panel is also used to launch your favorite apps instead of having to have the home screen filled with apps and folders.

While using the camera, the camera controls are shown in the edge panel in the camera screen. There's more too that I just can't think of right now.

The s6 Edge won't do any of these things in either edge.

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
At this point i'm more interested what they'll be doing with the note 5 I prefer bigger screen after getting a taste of the 4 and plus i'm sure they will be pushing 4GB of ram.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Ill keep my note 4, but i know people who are wanting a new phone soon, and ill recommend the s6, they could care less about an sdcard or removable battery. ( i dont care either way any more but im hooked on the note line!)

Verizon Note4 w/ Otterbox Defender

Mr-Guy

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Amazing, the N4 had only been out since the end of October and people are already looking for a new device? The tail is wagging the dog here.

kanderson326

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
The design is nice on the s6, and there are software improvements to help it run more efficiently. I don't really mind no SD card, but removable battery is great for me, being away from power sometimes for days. They were able to make it thinner and look better, it's a good tradeoff for average users. This may be a better device than note4 for many, and will help compete with iPhone. I'll stay with note4, not much reason to upgrade yet and we have extra 0.6". I hope we get some of those software improvements soon! If note5 is like the s6, I might just use the note4 forever.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Amazing, the N4 had only been out since the end of October and people are already looking for a new device? The tail is wagging the dog here.

I'm sure people here have a very wide varying range of upgrade cycles. Not everybody locks themselves to contracts and some people like a fresh device every few months. Nothing necessarily wrong with that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech