Going to upgrade from Note 4 to S6 or S6 Edge?

Kevin Farmer1

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
Still using and enjoying my Note 2, will upgrade later in the year to Note 4. For me the screen size and over bright colours are the attraction. What the phone is made of is mostly irrelevant because it will live in a case. The Note series is not designed for one-handed use, for me that isn't a problem, I was born with 2 hands.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
The S6 doesn't have an SD card slot. It is a downgrade.
The S6 doesn't have a removable battery. It is a downgrade.
The S6 doesn't have a S pen. It is a downgrade.

And one other thing. The S6 doesn't have an SD card slot. It is a downgrade.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Amazing, the N4 had only been out since the end of October and people are already looking for a new device? The tail is wagging the dog here.

Posted via the Android Central App
I buy my phones outright so that I can buy something else when I feel like it. No contracts this way on T-Mobile. I won't be buying an S6 or S6 Edge. Not what I wanted this time around and there's the smaller screen.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I do really like the looks of the phone (s6 edge) but not sure if that is worth spending $600+ for the phone.

D Android

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Amazing, the N4 had only been out since the end of October and people are already looking for a new device? The tail is wagging the dog here.

Exactly my point. Some people are never satisfied unless they have the latest phone, even if there is no advantage in it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Exactly my point. Some people are never satisfied unless they have the latest phone, even if there is no advantage in it.

That is not always the case. To some it could be a hobby or what they enjoy. My buddy at work can flip his phones and always have the latest and greatest without paying a fortune.

This is nothing different than people who obsess on other hobbies -- you just don't like it since you don't feel the same way.

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Not a chance. I upgraded from the Galaxy S4 to the Note 4 and I couldn't be happier. I still have the Galaxy S4 and it just feels way too small, I couldn't go back down to a smaller phone like that. The lack of SD card support and no replaceable battery on the GS6 is a big lose for me. I will try out the GS6 at Best Buy though and transfer any QHD sample videos it includes. Out of the two, the Galaxy S6 Edge looks most interesting, but I'm not going back to the S line, especially now.

Same here. I upgraded from the S4 to the Note 4. I have been nothing but happy with my decision. No way I could go back to a smaller phone.

Mr-Guy

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
The manufacturer's made a mistake by churning phones so fast, everyone expects to much too soon, imo

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
The manufacturer's made a mistake by churning phones so fast, everyone expects to much too soon, imo

100% agree. I have had smart phones since 2003. I liked it back then a little more there were only 1 main phone each year from each manufacturer. It's more of a hobby/addiction for me that's I'm try to slow down on switching phones so much.

akutch34

Trusted Member
May 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes, absolutely getting the S6. I plan to keep my Note 4 in case I don't like it... but, chances are, I'll love it.

Ambivalencetech

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
No, waiting for the note 6 or 7. By then I'd have maxxed out this puppy or have an objective reason to change. Innovation in what matters in daily use of a phone doesn't move as fast as these devices are churned out. I can live without little tweaks in design and a small bump in specs.

macdarwin

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Give me exactly what the S6 edge looks like with S Pen and 5.7 inches then ill leave my note 4.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
No, every time I look at my white N4 and see just how sexy and well out together it is, it makes no sense to me. The GS6 and 6 edge truly look awesome but agter having a 5.7 inch screen, I just dont see how I can go down in size. Plus, I have been using the S-Pen more and more everyday and am damn near a pen pro :)

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
No, every time I look at my white N4 and see just how sexy and well out together it is, it makes no sense to me. The GS6 and 6 edge truly look awesome but agter having a 5.7 inch screen, I just dont see how I can go down in size. Plus, I have been using the S-Pen more and more everyday and am damn near a pen pro :)

Have you had to replace your pen tip?

📱6+🐜

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781