04-10-2015 01:00 PM
36 12
tools
    Anyone have any information regarding the lollipop update?

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-03-2015 09:48 PM
    Anyone have any information regarding the lollipop update?

Haven't heard a word yet on the note 4 update from Verizon but I know the TMobile version will get the update before Verizon
    03-03-2015 11:21 PM
    Probably another month before a U.S. carrier sends out a Lollipop update. I always count on six months before a Samsung phone is updated, at least.
    03-04-2015 12:41 AM
    its taking me to long, i was planned on keep this phone stock becouse of the "SUPPORT"
    but as i allready knew somewhere, samsung support Sucks.

i am going to root this b*tch and flash a lollipop rom
    03-04-2015 04:09 AM
    its taking me to long, i was planned on keep this phone stock becouse of the "SUPPORT"
    but as i allready knew somewhere, samsung support Sucks.

i am going to root this b*tch and flash a lollipop rom
    Wouldn't recommend it...I know this website which posts a whole bunch of ROMs for different devices, and so far the ROMs they had for Note 4 were too poor. I saw two of them, and both killed some feature of the phone.

You should just wait and enjoy your phone as is

The website I was talking about is this --> GalaxyNote4Root.com - Learn How to Root Galaxy Note 4 and Install Custom ROM!
    aximtreo likes this.
    03-04-2015 01:46 PM
    Probably going to be a while. Is your phone having problems with KitKat?

Sent from my Note 4.
    03-04-2015 03:22 PM
    As others have said -- I haven't heard anything about it.
    03-04-2015 03:26 PM
    it will be mid summer knowing vzw. IMO, hopefully never
    03-04-2015 07:32 PM
    Sprint user are getting the update as well

Amazing Verizon Galaxy Note 4
    03-05-2015 06:47 AM
    Sprint user are getting the update as well

Amazing Verizon Galaxy Note 4
    Yep... Sprint started this morning, so knowing Verizon, June/July!
    skatergirl and Joe378 like this.
    03-05-2015 11:33 AM
    Yep... Sprint started this morning, so knowing Verizon, June/July!
    I concur
    jimd1050 likes this.
    03-05-2015 11:35 AM
    I hope us verizon note 4 users do not get it for a while. I would rather just keep kit Kat on my note 4 because 5.0 is having battery draining issues across all phones on 5.0. Way better battery life on kit Kat is better to me then getting 5.0. Now if they can release a lollipop version that does not suffer battery life issues then I am fine with that and fine waiting another 6 months for the release if it took that long.

03-05-2015 11:42 AM
    Both my brother and niece did factory resets after lollipop on their S5s and batteries are back to normal.
    '
    03-05-2015 12:38 PM
    A little Photoshop Verizon humor for us Verizon folks!!!

03-05-2015 12:40 PM
    Sprint is getting there 5.0 update today
    03-05-2015 05:21 PM
    Every update takes more freedom away. I'm not in any hurry to get it. I need foxfi to work

03-05-2015 05:54 PM
    Sometime in 2016
    03-05-2015 06:42 PM
    We will get it when everyone else gets 6.0.

jimd1050 likes this.
    03-06-2015 10:06 AM
    With the issues being posted about Lollipop on the Verizon S5, I hope they take their time and get it right.

03-06-2015 01:53 PM
    Every update takes more freedom away. I'm not in any hurry to get it. I need foxfi to work

With the issues being posted about Lollipop on the Verizon S5, I hope they take their time and get it right.

I just read through this entire thread and am impressed...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...-comments.html

...of course, that's Sprint's version of Lollipop for the Note 4, not Verizon's! But one can hope!!!
    03-06-2015 06:01 PM
    Wouldn't recommend it...I know this website which posts a whole bunch of ROMs for different devices, and so far the ROMs they had for Note 4 were too poor. I saw two of them, and both killed some feature of the phone.

You should just wait and enjoy your phone as is

The website I was talking about is this --> GalaxyNote4Root.com - Learn How to Root Galaxy Note 4 and Install Custom ROM!
    that site is no good m8, you should look at the XDA forums.
    that's the walhalla for romming.
    everything comes from there.

but i soft bricked my device becouse of a broken usb cable... bummer.
    so i flashed the stock Lollipop rom from Germany, and its rocking my note 4.
    03-09-2015 11:06 AM
    The Verizon update is being pushed out now and has been since early February. However, (and this is straight from Samsung after amazingly getting a contact number for them) it's NOT being rolled out all at once! Due to the problems and issues of previous updates that crashed systems and caused many problems and issues with individual devices and an overwhelming number of tech support calls, they are rolling out the update one small area at a time. They wouldn't elaborate on which areas first or last, but the update IS out there, and you WILL be getting it at some point. I'm eagerly waiting myself. The Note 3 users will have the longest wait, and the S5 users (for whatever reason) got it first. They wouldn't answer that either. Hope this helped. It's coming...we just gotta be patient.

Posted via the awesomest phone EVER...the Note 4.
    skatergirl likes this.
    03-09-2015 05:06 PM
    I hope us verizon note 4 users do not get it for a while. I would rather just keep kit Kat on my note 4 because 5.0 is having battery draining issues across all phones on 5.0. Way better battery life on kit Kat is better to me then getting 5.0. Now if they can release a lollipop version that does not suffer battery life issues then I am fine with that and fine waiting another 6 months for the release if it took that long.

The update is already hitting the Note 4, little by little. It's SUPPOSED to be 5.0.1 which addressed the bugs in 5.0.0.

aximtreo likes this.
    03-09-2015 05:09 PM
    The Verizon update is being pushed out now and has been since early February. However, (and this is straight from Samsung after amazingly getting a contact number for them) it's NOT being rolled out all at once! Due to the problems and issues of previous updates that crashed systems and caused many problems and issues with individual devices and an overwhelming number of tech support calls, they are rolling out the update one small area at a time. They wouldn't elaborate on which areas first or last, but the update IS out there, and you WILL be getting it at some point. I'm eagerly waiting myself. The Note 3 users will have the longest wait, and the S5 users (for whatever reason) got it first. They wouldn't answer that either. Hope this helped. It's coming...we just gotta be patient.

Strange! I emailed Verizon, Samsung and finally sent a message on Verizon's Tech Support Facebook page. I just got this back on Facebook this morning:

"Jim, while we don't have a projected release date for that update, we do want to make sure that you stay in the loop. You can sign-up with your email here for any news on releases or updates: Verizon Wireless. - Harley"

skatergirl likes this.
    03-09-2015 05:57 PM
    that site is no good m8, you should look at the XDA forums.
    that's the walhalla for romming.
    everything comes from there.

but i soft bricked my device becouse of a broken usb cable... bummer.
    so i flashed the stock Lollipop rom from Germany, and its rocking my note 4.
    Most of these ROMS on the website I mentioned come from XDA. I know XDA website is like Gold mine for everything Android, but this website is also great.

So you are saying you got a Stock Lollipop from germany? Which carrier note 4 did you have? did u have the international version of Note 4?
    03-09-2015 06:45 PM
36 12