02-22-2017 09:14 PM
69 123
tools
    I've been using Textra but lately have noticed issues with my phone sending multiples of the same text and also receiving multiples of the same text from others who use/don't use Textra. I'll have to switch to the ones posted here and see if I have any issues.
    03-05-2015 01:35 AM
    Just started using textra, love it more then hangouts.
    03-05-2015 04:36 AM
    I like GO SMS since there's a lot of customization I can do. I have tried Chomp as well but I always end up using GOSMS.
    03-05-2015 07:42 AM
    I use Hangouts for everything, but has anyone tried the Verizon Messages app? It is actually a great app, I don't use it on my phone, but I do use it on my PC and tablets. It works much better than pushbullet or any of the bluetooth/wifi apps that sync your texts with another device.
    I use Verizon Message Plus on my phone, tablet and PC. It will also text over wifi which is very useful when I'm in Publix grocery store, no cell service as you get deeper in the store but customer wifi. Very important when picking up a few things for my wife and I'm unsure which one to get. I just take a photo and send it to her.

Posted via the Android Central App from the beast A.K.A. Note 4.
    03-05-2015 07:48 AM
    Stock messaging app for texts and pics
    03-05-2015 12:23 PM
    I use hello, tried textra and it was lagging pretty badly for some reason. Hangouts gives me major issues with group messaging.
    03-05-2015 12:36 PM
    There's no texting app that has the feature in ios 8 where you can text from a computer, tablet or your phone? Thanks in advance.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-05-2015 01:46 PM
    Stock texting app. It clearly tells me when the message is a group message.
    03-05-2015 02:31 PM
    Textra I have tried other but keep going back to it

03-05-2015 02:31 PM
    There's no texting app that has the feature in ios 8 where you can text from a computer, tablet or your phone? Thanks in advance.

I'm admittedly confused here. Are you saying ios 8 (or apple) has no app that will do these things or, are you saying Android has no app to match this functionality in ios 8?

I could be wrong, but I thought apple has the ability to text from all its devices and I know my Verizon Message plus app will allow me to text from my Note 4, Note Pro 12.2, my Dell laptop and my Dell desktop. So, I hope you can see the reason for my confusion. As far as I know, both can do this, so I'm unsure what you are saying.

03-05-2015 02:41 PM
    I'm admittedly confused here. Are you saying ios 8 (or apple) has no app that will do these things or, are you saying Android has no app to match this functionality in ios 8?

I could be wrong, but I thought apple has the ability to text from all its devices and I know my Verizon Message plus app will allow me to text from my Note 4, Note Pro 12.2, my Dell laptop and my Dell desktop. So, I hope you can see the reason for my confusion. As far as I know, both can do this, so I'm unsure what you are saying.

Yeah sorry about that, I was in a hurry. My question is if there are any texting apps on Android that offers what iOS 8 can do between it's devices which is the ability to text from all of it's devices. I'm mainly looking to be able to text from my laptop or phone and I'm on Cricket so I don't think I can use the Verizon message app haha.
    03-05-2015 03:24 PM
    Yeah sorry about that, I was in a hurry. My question is if there are any texting apps on Android that offers what iOS 8 can do between it's devices which is the ability to text from all of it's devices. I'm mainly looking to be able to text from my laptop or phone and I'm on Cricket so I don't think I can use the Verizon message app haha.
    Hangouts is what your looking for, follow the link below to Google support for information on setting hangouts up as your texting app and how to use from a PC.

https://support.google.com/hangouts/.../3441321?hl=en

boogas8 likes this.
    03-05-2015 05:12 PM
    Textra. I've been using it since I got the phone.

03-05-2015 06:01 PM
    Textra for black background mode

@T-Mobile GN3
    MC_A_DOT likes this.
    03-05-2015 06:05 PM
    Hangouts is what your looking for, follow the link below to Google support for information on setting hangouts up as your texting app and how to use from a PC.

https://support.google.com/hangouts/.../3441321?hl=en

Thank you! I'll check it out, I been using Texta for a while and while I like the quick reply feature it has, I think I would like having cross texting better unless hangouts also has a quick reply feature?

03-05-2015 06:24 PM
    Message+...i can text over all my devices and PC. And the multimedia integration, video calling, and other features are far superior to the standard messaging app. I never thought I'd be happy to have a Verizon app on my phone.
    Connert likes this.
    03-05-2015 10:28 PM
    With apps like hangouts and whatsapp does the other person have to have the apps installed on their phone in order for me to send sms/mms messages to them?

03-08-2015 09:42 PM
    With apps like hangouts and whatsapp does the other person have to have the apps installed on their phone in order for me to send sms/mms messages to them?

Not with hangouts. It can be configured to send/receive sms as well as hangout messages. I'm not sure about whatsapp, but I believe the other person must have it as well.

03-08-2015 09:49 PM
    Not with hangouts. It can be configured to send/receive sms as well as hangout messages. I'm not sure about whatsapp, but I believe the other person must have it as well.

OK. Thanks.

03-08-2015 09:56 PM
    Tried hangouts. Didn't like it. Guess I'll stick with gosms. Lol

03-08-2015 10:16 PM
    Check out mightytext. I wish Samsung would make an official app to do this.

03-08-2015 10:33 PM
    May be you're right but Hangouts isn't bad.
    I guess I've gotten so used to using only gosms. There are certain things I look for when trying out new texting apps and if they don't have it I immediately go back to what I know. Textra was nice and fast, but I missed being able to customize and set themes. There was no way to customize anything in hangouts and it was a little slow.

03-09-2015 07:28 AM
    I guess I've gotten so used to using only gosms. There are certain things I look for when trying out new texting apps and if they don't have it I immediately go back to what I know. Textra was nice and fast, but I missed being able to customize and set themes. There was no way to customize anything in hangouts and it was a little slow.

I also have tried a lot of the other texting apps and GoSMS Pro is the one that works best for me. Very customizable, handles MMS and Group chats well, nice pop-up notification (with options), and the Go marketers do not send any bloat or ads whatsoever (other then putting a notification in my Go inbox about once a month regarding new themes available).
    03-09-2015 09:03 AM
    Hover chat is awesome, with chat head features.

My Android line up: HTC One M7, Note 2, Moto G 4G, Oneplus One, Note 4.
    03-09-2015 09:09 AM
    I used the stock Samsung SMS/MMS app. Works absolutely fine for me. Tried Google Messenger - horrible experience. Tried Hangouts - not the features I was looking for. Went back to stock. After reading through here yesterday, I decided I'd like to try Evolve. After the set-up blunders for MMS were figured out, I'd say it works fine. Although one question came up. When I send a photo I took in portrait mode through MMS, it sends it in landscape mode and when the recipient receives it again, it's in landscape mode. Odd.
    03-09-2015 09:20 AM
69 123