What texting app do you use?

SwaggTX

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Whatsapp primary. Converting as many people as I can. Chomp as the fallback. I hate when I have to use traditional texting. Whatsapp has spoiled me.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I use Hangouts. I have tried a lot of the others, but hate bouncing back and forth based on the platform somebody else is using.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I use CHOMP...but lately I have been feeling it's getting too much as it crashes sometimes, and it uses a lot of battery. Does any 1 with CHOMP have lock screen pop ups enabled?

I tried Textra which is simple and clean, but I missed some of the features of chomp so came back to CHOMP!

I use it with the pop-ups. No issues here at all.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I use Text+ since I can use any of my phones but the texts come from the same number and I don't need the recipients to join a hangout.

from the Note Edge📱📏

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I've been using Textra but lately have noticed issues with my phone sending multiples of the same text and also receiving multiples of the same text from others who use/don't use Textra. I'll have to switch to the ones posted here and see if I have any issues.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I use Hangouts for everything, but has anyone tried the Verizon Messages app? It is actually a great app, I don't use it on my phone, but I do use it on my PC and tablets. It works much better than pushbullet or any of the bluetooth/wifi apps that sync your texts with another device.

I use Verizon Message Plus on my phone, tablet and PC. It will also text over wifi which is very useful when I'm in Publix grocery store, no cell service as you get deeper in the store but customer wifi. Very important when picking up a few things for my wife and I'm unsure which one to get. I just take a photo and send it to her.

Posted via the Android Central App from the beast A.K.A. Note 4.

go3go

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I use hello, tried textra and it was lagging pretty badly for some reason. Hangouts gives me major issues with group messaging.

Mexico619

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
There's no texting app that has the feature in ios 8 where you can text from a computer, tablet or your phone? Thanks in advance.

Posted via the Android Central App

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
There's no texting app that has the feature in ios 8 where you can text from a computer, tablet or your phone? Thanks in advance.

I'm admittedly confused here. Are you saying ios 8 (or apple) has no app that will do these things or, are you saying Android has no app to match this functionality in ios 8?

I could be wrong, but I thought apple has the ability to text from all its devices and I know my Verizon Message plus app will allow me to text from my Note 4, Note Pro 12.2, my Dell laptop and my Dell desktop. So, I hope you can see the reason for my confusion. As far as I know, both can do this, so I'm unsure what you are saying.

Mexico619

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm admittedly confused here. Are you saying ios 8 (or apple) has no app that will do these things or, are you saying Android has no app to match this functionality in ios 8?

I could be wrong, but I thought apple has the ability to text from all its devices and I know my Verizon Message plus app will allow me to text from my Note 4, Note Pro 12.2, my Dell laptop and my Dell desktop. So, I hope you can see the reason for my confusion. As far as I know, both can do this, so I'm unsure what you are saying.

Yeah sorry about that, I was in a hurry. My question is if there are any texting apps on Android that offers what iOS 8 can do between it's devices which is the ability to text from all of it's devices. I'm mainly looking to be able to text from my laptop or phone and I'm on Cricket so I don't think I can use the Verizon message app haha.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah sorry about that, I was in a hurry. My question is if there are any texting apps on Android that offers what iOS 8 can do between it's devices which is the ability to text from all of it's devices. I'm mainly looking to be able to text from my laptop or phone and I'm on Cricket so I don't think I can use the Verizon message app haha.

Hangouts is what your looking for, follow the link below to Google support for information on setting hangouts up as your texting app and how to use from a PC.

https://support.google.com/hangouts/answer/3441321?hl=en

Mexico619

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Hangouts is what your looking for, follow the link below to Google support for information on setting hangouts up as your texting app and how to use from a PC.

https://support.google.com/hangouts/answer/3441321?hl=en

Thank you! I'll check it out, I been using Texta for a while and while I like the quick reply feature it has, I think I would like having cross texting better unless hangouts also has a quick reply feature?