What texting app do you use?

weave majjik

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Message+...i can text over all my devices and PC. And the multimedia integration, video calling, and other features are far superior to the standard messaging app. I never thought I'd be happy to have a Verizon app on my phone.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
With apps like hangouts and whatsapp does the other person have to have the apps installed on their phone in order for me to send sms/mms messages to them?

Posted via the Android Central App

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
With apps like hangouts and whatsapp does the other person have to have the apps installed on their phone in order for me to send sms/mms messages to them?

Not with hangouts. It can be configured to send/receive sms as well as hangout messages. I'm not sure about whatsapp, but I believe the other person must have it as well.

Posted via the Android Central App from the beast A.K.A. Note 4.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Not with hangouts. It can be configured to send/receive sms as well as hangout messages. I'm not sure about whatsapp, but I believe the other person must have it as well.

Posted via the Android Central App from the beast A.K.A. Note 4.

OK. Thanks.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Yeah sorry about that, I was in a hurry. My question is if there are any texting apps on Android that offers what iOS 8 can do between it's devices which is the ability to text from all of it's devices. I'm mainly looking to be able to text from my laptop or phone and I'm on Cricket so I don't think I can use the Verizon message app haha.

Check out mightytext. I wish Samsung would make an official app to do this.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
May be you're right but Hangouts isn't bad.

I guess I've gotten so used to using only gosms. There are certain things I look for when trying out new texting apps and if they don't have it I immediately go back to what I know. Textra was nice and fast, but I missed being able to customize and set themes. There was no way to customize anything in hangouts and it was a little slow.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I guess I've gotten so used to using only gosms. There are certain things I look for when trying out new texting apps and if they don't have it I immediately go back to what I know. Textra was nice and fast, but I missed being able to customize and set themes. There was no way to customize anything in hangouts and it was a little slow.

I also have tried a lot of the other texting apps and GoSMS Pro is the one that works best for me. Very customizable, handles MMS and Group chats well, nice pop-up notification (with options), and the Go marketers do not send any bloat or ads whatsoever (other then putting a notification in my Go inbox about once a month regarding new themes available).

anon67808

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I used the stock Samsung SMS/MMS app. Works absolutely fine for me. Tried Google Messenger - horrible experience. Tried Hangouts - not the features I was looking for. Went back to stock. After reading through here yesterday, I decided I'd like to try Evolve. After the set-up blunders for MMS were figured out, I'd say it works fine. Although one question came up. When I send a photo I took in portrait mode through MMS, it sends it in landscape mode and when the recipient receives it again, it's in landscape mode. Odd.

NYVET

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Textra for me. Go SMS has too many ads and annoying little things.

Posted via the awesomest phone EVER...the Note 4.

pappcam

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
What would I gain using Textra? I like the looks of the stock SMS and it has lockscreen notifications which I also like so I'm wondering what Textra adds to this.

Thanks.

o0Grinder0o

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Chomp SMS for me. Really like the ability to customize nearly every aspect of the app. Used the free version for a while until the ads got too annoying, so I splurged and spent like $4 for the full ad-free version.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I actually use the Google messenger app. Not Hangouts, but the actually Google messenger app. I don't need to much customization or fancy features, and it does the job for me, and I like it better than the stock app.

DWR_31

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
The Google Messenger App for carrier SMS.
Hangouts for instant messaging.
Hangouts for Google Voice texts.

Galaxy Note 4

Galaxy S III
LG G2
If it ain't Tech, it ain't Right.

anon67808

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I actually use the Google messenger app. Not Hangouts, but the actually Google messenger app. I don't need to much customization or fancy features, and it does the job for me, and I like it better than the stock app.

I would be using that if it wasn't for the fact that MMS totally does not work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad