Sprint Note 4 updating to Lollipop

DWR_31

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
How long is the update taking to install. Not the download, just the install afterwards.
I been sitting here for an hour and a half after it optimized my apps, and it seems like it's stuck on "Starting Apps" box.???

DWR_31

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Gonna give it another hour before I pull the battery. I hope it doesn't brick seeing as how it already upgraded the system and apps, and now it stuck on Starting Apps.

Update: Pulled battery and it started right up.

Last edited:

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Gonna give it another hour before I pull the battery. I hope it doesn't brick seeing as how it already upgraded the system and apps, and now it stuck on Starting Apps.

Ours took less than an hour to download and install. It had been wiped just before the update, so not really much of anything on the phone.

Posted via the Android Central App from the beast A.K.A. Note 4.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
How long is the update taking to install. Not the download, just the install afterwards.
I been sitting here for an hour and a half after it optimized my apps, and it seems like it's stuck on "Starting Apps" box.???

Yeah, so you've rebooted into the system after the update, right? You should be ok if you need to pull the battery or even just press the power button until it reboots.

Posted via the Android Central App

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I manually checked mine this morning and the update was there. So far it looks to be a good update.

Mezbian

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Mine just updated and I like it. Runs smoothly. Seems faster.
Some new camera features, icons and windows improved.
A+

Posted via my Samsung Galaxy Note 4

awesomedeals88

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
When is T-Mobile going to get the official lollipop update??? I don't understand how T-Mobile could release the lollipop for Note 3 but NOT Note 4.

Vladabeast

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Everything is great so far, although I feel like battery life has taken a hit, it's not dramatic but it's definitely there.
Will report back after a little more time.

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Everything is great so far, although I feel like battery life has taken a hit, it's not dramatic but it's definitely there.
Will report back after a little more time.

The system probably has to relearn usage patterns and such to optimize itself. Battery life should improve once its settled down after a few days. It always takes Android a few days to learn, whether its a new phone or a new OS update.

So far, my Note's running very smoothly after the Lollipop update. I'm going to have to let it settle myself, but so far so good. I'm pleased.

mrhankey184

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I found a huge issue (imo) on the lock screen we no longer get scrolling notifications in the notifications bar up top because of the Sprint Logo. Is there a setting? I'm not a fan of having my notifications broadcasted on my lock screen but oddly enough, I miss not being to see them scroll through. Am I the only one?

Posted via the Android Central App

ToddK

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Really don't like the white notifications...

So bright and harsh.. I wish Google didn't hate dark themes so much.. .

Wish there was an option for dark notifications. ..

Google Play Services won't update either. ..keeps throwing an error notification.

The update took about 45 mins... I have a lot of apps.... ;-)

It's still warm... and burning through the battery... 10 percent in 10 mins....

...sent from a phabulous HAL 9002, a Sprint Galaxy Note 4.... ;-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech