03-14-2015 01:05 AM
102 1234 ...
tools
    Thanks for the tip! My app is up to date but I just did a search and it seems like the change with the notification bar caused this to stop working in other phones, and the dev is looking for a workaround. Hopefully there will be an update soon to fix this issue, as with a large screen it made it much more convenient.
    They said they found the fix and will include it in next release.

As for everything else, the update has been flawless for me. Battery life, speed, smoothness...all good as ever.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-05-2015 10:06 PM
    Update installed flawlessly. .. device got warm, battery drained pretty fast, once everything updated. .. (about and hour), it cooled back down, and has been running great!

I think the only thing I DON'T like is that notifications are now bright white, and contacts pics in dialer are very small... (like the new dialer, though.)

5he drop down notifications being so bright is annoying, though. I wish Google would offer dark themes for Gmail too.

But they seem to hate dark themes.

...sent from a phabulous HAL 9002, a Sprint Galaxy Note 4.... ;-)
    fasnic likes this.
    03-06-2015 10:36 AM
    Did the update today.. seems to be pretty zippy, just smooth more than anything.

Can't figure out how to edit lock screen items, now that everything shows up on the lock screen. Also would really prefer to be able to change the color.

only bug/issues/change I have found that I don't like is on the apps carrousel, I can't just swipe from the SIDE, either side to close an app. One has to actually touch the menu bar of an app in the carrousel to slide it right or left. Will have to change the muscle memory to fix that.

Oh, and it does seem to be running about 500MB at least more RAM usage just from a reboot.
    03-06-2015 01:58 PM
    In about 24 hours in now and i must say this is running flawlessly. I cant remember an update that has gone this smooth. Sprint got this one right the 1st time.

Blipstein likes this.
    03-06-2015 02:22 PM
    Enjoying everyone's feedback. Haven't gotten prompted for the update yet but think I might just do it when I get home
    03-06-2015 02:25 PM
    Enjoying everyone's feedback. Haven't gotten prompted for the update yet but think I might just do it when I get home
    I agree that a factory reset is a must with this new os because i was getting errors

03-06-2015 02:58 PM
    My update went flawlessly. ..

Glad I didn't need a Factory Reset. .. huge PITA! :-)

didn't have time for THAT today.... :-)

mak916 and Kane89 like this.
    03-06-2015 03:08 PM
    I manually updated. Seems to be working flawlessly at this point.
    03-06-2015 03:14 PM
    Updated and didn't take long to install but after all my note felt really warm. After a few hours of usage I noticed most apps did show some sluggish operation. Did some troubleshooting and ended up clearing out the cache partition. Been working OK since.... Fingers crossed

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    03-06-2015 03:25 PM
    Does anyone with the Lollipop update use or own a Gear VR? I'd be interested to know if it works since I know they postponed the update for the 99.5% of Note owners who don't own or care about it for the 0.05% of Note Owners who have purchased a VR.
    03-06-2015 03:45 PM
    My battery is draining like mad. Two resets and a battery pull. I've lost 40 percent in two and a half hours of similar use.

Battery monitor Apps will help you find the culprit.

Galaxy Note 4

Galaxy S III
    LG G2
    If it ain't Tech, it ain't Right.
    03-06-2015 04:43 PM
    Does anyone with the Lollipop update use or own a Gear VR? I'd be interested to know if it works since I know they postponed the update for the 99.5% of Note owners who don't own or care about it for the 0.05% of Note Owners who have purchased a VR.
    the VR stuff is in the update

03-06-2015 04:44 PM
    Update installed flawlessly. .. device got warm, battery drained pretty fast, once everything updated. .. (about and hour), it cooled back down, and has been running great!

I think the only thing I DON'T like is that notifications are now bright white, and contacts pics in dialer are very small... (like the new dialer, though.)

5he drop down notifications being so bright is annoying, though. I wish Google would offer dark themes for Gmail too.

But they seem to hate dark themes.

mine wasn't warm at all during the update although that may have been due to my otterbox case.

03-06-2015 04:46 PM
    I agree that a factory reset is a must with this new os because i was getting errors

My update got stuck after Optimizing Apps.
    I figured I'd do a battery pull after sitting for 2 hours and looking at a rotating circle in front of starting apps.

I pulled battery (Didn't Brick it).
    Started it up. Everything was choppy.
    Okay, went to recovery to wipe the cache partition, (Not Factory Reset)

Phone runs beautifully now.

Galaxy Note 4

Galaxy S III
    LG G2
    If it ain't Tech, it ain't Right.
    03-06-2015 04:53 PM
    Idk if its just my phone but I'm having AMAZING battery life after the update.

Just as good as the Note 3 pre kit kat.
    03-06-2015 06:57 PM
    Idk if its just my phone but I'm having AMAZING battery life after the update.

Just as good as the Note 3 pre kit kat.
    I'm testing battery now, it does seem to get better.

@T-Mobile GN3
    03-06-2015 07:18 PM
    How's the recent apps button? Any faster?
    03-06-2015 07:48 PM
    I hate that I can't control my music from the lock screen anymore.

03-06-2015 08:37 PM
    I haven't changed any settings and I can still access my music from lockscreen. I'm running sprint note 4 and using Spotify.

Devil Dog
    03-06-2015 08:45 PM
    I hate that I can't control my music from the lock screen anymore.

You have to enable 'Show All Content' under Settings - Sound and Notifications - while locked.

Tha Capn likes this.
    03-06-2015 08:52 PM
    I didn't change any settings either. I use the stock player most of the time. I also noticed that my smart remote is gone to from the lock screen.

03-06-2015 08:53 PM
    You have to enable 'Show All Content' under Settings - Sound and Notifications - while locked.

Awesome thanks. Do you know if this will show messages and stuff too?

03-06-2015 08:55 PM
    So, now a day nearly into the update and I have to say one REALLY BAD Thing... Battery life..

I'm one who historically on 4.4.4 got absolutely FABULOUS!!!! battery life, like 2.5-3 DAYS!! I know you don't believe me now, but there are screenshots in the other threads and I probably still have some. I didn't think about charging the phone really at all, it just ALWAYS had power.

Now, today after having done the lollipop update I've had to change it fully once, after 3 hours it was dead, like totally dead, so I fast charged it again and five minutes after boot it was at 94% and says expected time 2 hours?

So, how do I figure out what is wrong?? this is totally wrong and not worth anything if it were to stay like this
    03-06-2015 09:48 PM
    Well, mines not that bad, but it took a hit too.... I was getting 14-18 hours solid... now, 8-10 tops.

Disappointing. ..
    03-06-2015 10:28 PM
    My slingplayer stopped working with the update now i guess i have to wait untill they make it compatible. Anyone else have a problem with sling.

03-06-2015 10:33 PM
102 1234 ...