03-14-2015 01:05 AM
102 12345
tools
    Err... Why can't we do the app pinning thing? And the priority interruptions? Do not disturb isn't the same thing...
    msndrstood likes this.
    03-06-2015 11:03 PM
    Yes, I'm having the same problem with slingplayer.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-07-2015 12:57 AM
    After a full 36 hours of updating my phone to lollipop, I can honestly say, as an 'above average' user, the update definitely made my phone better. Battery life I'd say is about the same, maybe a tad bit better, but barely noticeable, performance is solid and the visual refresh is actually nice. I did do a factory reset, just because. I had no issues prior to resetting, just did it to feel like I had a new phone again. Does not overheat either, as owners claim with their S5. If you have a Note 4, def download when its available...why wait?!

drewood31601 likes this.
    03-07-2015 01:52 AM
    After updating everything doing a factory reset and cache wipe i can honestly say im very satisfied with this update. My phone now feels like the top tier phone that it is. Best of all the small amounts of lag i experienced here and there on Kitkat are now virtually gone.

03-07-2015 02:03 AM
    What about recent apps? Is the lag gone? How about the camera lag?
    03-07-2015 09:53 AM
    Did a cache wipe, battery life seems to be back to awesome!

I never had a camera issue, but the recent app "delay" while still noticeable, seems much shorter... placebo? Maybe...

Still hate the white notifications.... :-/

...sent from a phabulous HAL 9002, a Sprint Galaxy Note 4.... ;-)
    lou380 likes this.
    03-07-2015 09:57 AM
    Ok doing the update now and want a smooth and clean install Sosa I see many have done is wipe the cache. So how do I do the cache wipe? I searched this forum and didn't see a how to.
    Thanks David
    03-07-2015 11:26 AM
    Yes slingplayer connects but didn't stream any video.. It is actually connected and can change channels etc but no audio or video is coming across.. Sling is aware of this.
    03-07-2015 11:41 AM
    Ok doing the update now and want a smooth and clean install Sosa I see many have done is wipe the cache. So how do I do the cache wipe? I searched this forum and didn't see a how to.
    Thanks David
    Yes how best to do this?

One thing I can add at this point though is that in my battery usage it says network signal is the top item. And if I look at the bar chart it appears that network signal is essentially on 100 percent of the time. I never saw network signal anywhere near the top of my list before. Could it be that some change to the radio has being implemented with lollipop?
    03-07-2015 11:41 AM
    Thanks David
    Post #2 here:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ery-issue.html
    03-07-2015 11:45 AM
    Thanks
    03-07-2015 11:52 AM
    One other thing that I do miss is it seems that at least on the sprint phone on the lock screen by pressing and holding the power button briefly the user is no longer presented with an ability to change from sound to mute. This is something I used quite often in meetings just too quickly silence the device
    03-07-2015 12:03 PM
    Update went well. Seems to run faster and smoother to me. One thing I can't stand is the new messaging color scheme. I tried to change colors but can't. Looks like I will be using handcent.
    Kane89 likes this.
    03-07-2015 12:29 PM
    One other thing that I do miss is it seems that at least on the sprint phone on the lock screen by pressing and holding the power button briefly the user is no longer presented with an ability to change from sound to mute. This is something I used quite often in meetings just too quickly silence the device
    That's a lollipop "feature" straight from Google and isn't a carrier or device specific thing. Seems like a strange thing to change since you now have to unlock your phone to silence it.
    03-07-2015 12:40 PM
    I am sure its the app, but I get terrible lag in firefox. I'm thinking its a memory leak. I get like 15 second freezes on some websites, including these forums.

I also cant stand the sprint logo over top my notification bar.

My recent apps is as smoothe as Clyde "The Glide" Drexler. Its fixed for me!
    03-07-2015 03:40 PM

I also cant stand the sprint logo over top my notification bar.
    And here I thought I was the only one lol

Shamrock_627 likes this.
    03-07-2015 04:18 PM
    And here I thought I was the only one lol

Where, I don't see it on my Sprint note 4

03-07-2015 05:49 PM
    Where, I don't see it on my Sprint note 4

It only appears when the phone is locked, up at the top left
    03-07-2015 06:28 PM
    Recent apps is pretty fast when you don't have to many apps open, but seems to slow down a bit for me the more apps I open.
    03-07-2015 09:05 PM
    I'm experiencing same issue on my note 4,my battery seems to drain quicker.
    03-08-2015 12:59 PM
    Are you using it more ? Honestly while it was a smooth update for the most part without doing a factory reset , its ultimately a good idea to just do it considering its a massive update.... and if that didnt work check to see if you have old apps that are high in your usage list. My battery life has increased a good 10 percent.

03-08-2015 04:16 PM
    The sprint thing is annoying. I know the notifications are now on the lock screen, but I was used to being able to look at the top if the screen to see what notifications I had. I'm sure I will get use to it. Still can't get the weather to show on lock screen though.
    03-08-2015 04:27 PM
    Well color me equally unimpressed with this update due to battery life. With 4.4.4 I would typically get 24-36 hours of battery life, sometimes 2.5-3 DAYS!..it was unquestionably the best phone for battery life that I had ever used.

Now since the 5.0.1 update on sprint, I'm lucky to get 18-20 hours. Granted, it's not the end of the world but just a VERY DIFFERENT world than I was in 72 hours ago.

I thought maybe it was usage, so yesterday I decided to just charge it and unplug it and let it run down. typically some weekend days I would even forget about the phone and by late Sunday night I would pull it up and it was be at like 4% battery and have not been charged for 50-60 hours...but yesterday I charged it, put it in the same place it usually sits and this morning it was down to 40% and now it's dead. Didn't even go 18 hours before dying.

There really isn't anything about lollipop that excites me, I don't find the speed of the UI much faster or offering better elements at this point I'd prefer to be able to go back to kitkat.

The ONE thing I do notice that is different is that in my battery usage screen, Cell Standby is always the #1 thing on the list using 5-8% of the overall battery usage. This was never the case before, CS was usally 3-5th, but using much less than the android system in general...so maybe Sprint changed some element of the tower connection algorithm?

I've done the cache clear-out and swapped the battery a couple times.
    If anyone has any other thoughts about how to get it working like it did, I'm all ears.
    03-08-2015 04:58 PM
    I noticed you said you cleared the cache... did you try a factory reset. ? Yeah i know its a pain but it does more good than anything.

03-08-2015 05:08 PM
    I noticed you said you cleared the cache... did you try a factory reset. ? Yeah i know its a pain but it does more good than anything.

No, I haven't done the factory reset yet..It's a bit of a pain, but probably will have to be done.
    03-08-2015 05:21 PM
102 12345