Sprint Lollipop Update Thoughts and comments

Kane89

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
I haven't changed any settings and I can still access my music from lockscreen. I'm running sprint note 4 and using Spotify.

Devil Dog

Tha Capn

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I didn't change any settings either. I use the stock player most of the time. I also noticed that my smart remote is gone to from the lock screen.

Posted via the Android Central App

tivoboy

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
So, now a day nearly into the update and I have to say one REALLY BAD Thing... Battery life..

I'm one who historically on 4.4.4 got absolutely FABULOUS!!!! battery life, like 2.5-3 DAYS!! I know you don't believe me now, but there are screenshots in the other threads and I probably still have some. I didn't think about charging the phone really at all, it just ALWAYS had power.

Now, today after having done the lollipop update I've had to change it fully once, after 3 hours it was dead, like totally dead, so I fast charged it again and five minutes after boot it was at 94% and says expected time 2 hours?

So, how do I figure out what is wrong?? this is totally wrong and not worth anything if it were to stay like this

ToddK

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Well, mines not that bad, but it took a hit too.... I was getting 14-18 hours solid... now, 8-10 tops.

Disappointing. ..

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
My slingplayer stopped working with the update now i guess i have to wait untill they make it compatible. Anyone else have a problem with sling.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Err... Why can't we do the app pinning thing? And the priority interruptions? Do not disturb isn't the same thing...

leoae85

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
After a full 36 hours of updating my phone to lollipop, I can honestly say, as an 'above average' user, the update definitely made my phone better. Battery life I'd say is about the same, maybe a tad bit better, but barely noticeable, performance is solid and the visual refresh is actually nice. I did do a factory reset, just because. I had no issues prior to resetting, just did it to feel like I had a new phone again. Does not overheat either, as owners claim with their S5. If you have a Note 4, def download when its available...why wait?!

skippyg

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
After updating everything doing a factory reset and cache wipe i can honestly say im very satisfied with this update. My phone now feels like the top tier phone that it is. Best of all the small amounts of lag i experienced here and there on Kitkat are now virtually gone.

ToddK

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Did a cache wipe, battery life seems to be back to awesome!

I never had a camera issue, but the recent app "delay" while still noticeable, seems much shorter... placebo? Maybe...

Still hate the white notifications.... :-/

...sent from a phabulous HAL 9002, a Sprint Galaxy Note 4.... ;-)

seacow1500

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Ok doing the update now and want a smooth and clean install Sosa I see many have done is wipe the cache. So how do I do the cache wipe? I searched this forum and didn't see a how to.
Thanks David

tivoboy

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Yes slingplayer connects but didn't stream any video.. It is actually connected and can change channels etc but no audio or video is coming across.. Sling is aware of this.

tivoboy

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Ok doing the update now and want a smooth and clean install Sosa I see many have done is wipe the cache. So how do I do the cache wipe? I searched this forum and didn't see a how to.
Thanks David

Yes how best to do this?

One thing I can add at this point though is that in my battery usage it says network signal is the top item. And if I look at the bar chart it appears that network signal is essentially on 100 percent of the time. I never saw network signal anywhere near the top of my list before. Could it be that some change to the radio has being implemented with lollipop?