Phone turns off when using camera with flash

Blackbeagle

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I will take 5 pictures with flash (either on or on auto). the first one goes without a hitch. But as soon as I take the 2nd or 3rd, the flash goes on, and the phone turns off and it doesn't even take the picture. I'm tired of it. Any solution to this weird issue?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Check the battery graph in Settings. Tap the graph on the first page to get to the second page. Do you see an immediate drop to 0? That's a bad battery. Draw a heavy current spike and the battery voltage drops to nothing, shutting the phone off. (It may take a few flashes before it gets to that point.)

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Take it into a store, show them what it's doing and get a replacement unit if it needs to be replaced.

Ronald Rivera1

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Mine was doing the same thing but I believe it's cause I was using the zerolemon extended battery. I am using the stock battery and hasn't done it since.

Posted via the Android Central App

dawnrey

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
I went to Verizon store and they had me use the phone in safe mode to see if the problem persisted and it did. So I got a replacement phone and the new one just shut off while trying to take a photo. It is not the device...it must be a factory app or a glitch in the operating system. My old phone and my new phone are doing the same thing. I have an LG G4. Come on Android...fix the problem already.

Thanks.
Dawn