Note 4 from ATT. Have tried several different SD cards 32gb and after a few days it is completely lost. I get a notice that the card is not present. After some research I found a supposed fix that said remove the battery, remove card and re-install, insert battery and format the card. Worked once, then the card was gone shortly there after and then not readable even on my laptop. Getting costly to purchase a 4th card. I did use the best cards available and ones that were suggested.

Any ideas? Anyone experience this or heard of the problem and solution? Maybe 32gb (the max) is too large?

I did try to find this issue on the boards but couldn't. Thanks, Joe.
    03-06-2015 07:47 PM
    32Gb shouldn't be to big of a card...

I'm thinking there might be something wrong with the card reader itself...

This problem happened to you more than once... You should take the phone back and get a warranty replacement.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317
    03-06-2015 08:29 PM
    Also... The cards you already have should be OK.... Try finding an online free software that can format them.... You will need a USB /microsd card reader for this so you can do it from your pc

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317
    03-06-2015 08:31 PM
    I'm using the same combination - AT&T Note 3 and a 32GB card. Not a problem, and I bang on the card constantly. (I do a data partition backup just about every week.)

Is it a cheap card or a good card? Cheap cards fail all the time. Pay for a SanDisk card. If it fails, go to SanDisk microSD Tech Support and open a live chat. They'll replace the card. (5 year warranty.) The peace of mind is worth the difference in price.

If the card port is bad (which it doesn't sound like), and you have AT&T insurance (Asurion), manufacturing defects, like loose ports, are covered. Just bring the phone to your nearest Device Support Center. (Ask at the nearest AT&T store for the location - it could even be in that store.) Make sure everything is backed up (see Backing up an Android Phone) - they may just hand you a refurb phone. (I prefer refurbs - new ones can fail, refurbs have been burned in and will probably last until you decide to sell them. I've spent the past week changing ROMS [and bricking] my current refurb, and it's still sitting there running 4.4.4 with no problem. The first one bricked during an update, the new one they replaced it with lasted a few days. This refurb is 16 months old, and I don't baby it, software-wise. It's my phone and my laptop. It gets worked.)
    03-07-2015 12:08 AM
    Well mine is an international version, not AT&T but I use a 32gb card and it works just fine, perhaps you should have the card reader checked out.

Posted via my awesome N4
    03-07-2015 04:37 AM
    I have a 32g card in mine as well with no problems. Does the card work ok in another phone or a computer?

Edit: I just read the part about the laptop.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-07-2015 04:42 AM
    I have a 64GB Samsung card in mine with no problems. As was mentioned, buying a good card manufactured by companies like SanDisk or Samsung from a reputable seller (to avoid knockoffs) is always best.
    03-07-2015 08:42 AM
    Pay for a SanDisk card. I have purchased 3 of these already, each has failed and each can't be read by my laptop or desktop or Canon camera. And can't be formatted either. Always just says that no card is present.
    03-07-2015 09:46 AM