I'm strongly considering taking the note 4, I'm going nuts over the super amoled whatever screen and the super responsiveness, here is the question:
    After i bought the galaxy s5 i realized that for some stupid reason sprint stopped the option of using data while on the phone, i immediately returned that galaxy s5, what's about the note 4? Is that issue solved?

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-08-2015 10:19 PM
    It's not a phone issue. It's a sprint issue. If you are on spark you should be fine.
    Rowlette likes this.
    03-08-2015 10:20 PM
    It's not a phone issue. It's a sprint issue. If you are on spark you should be fine.
    Dono what spark is about

03-08-2015 10:23 PM
    03-08-2015 10:28 PM
    With the Note 4 you can use data while on the phone only on Wifi or LTE. If you are on 3G it will not work.

03-08-2015 10:32 PM
    With the Note 4 you can use data while on the phone only on Wifi or LTE. If you are on 3G it will not work.

Sprint doesn't have VoLTE yet

03-08-2015 10:34 PM
    Sprint doesn't have VoLTE yet

What do u mean sprint dosent have volte yet? I have the galaxy s4 with solid volte

03-08-2015 10:55 PM
    As i understand from the chat in the quoted link, the sprint note 4 does not offer voLTE, am i right? If so I'm done with the note 4, thanks sprint, wish i can drop u immediately

jerseygirl likes this.
    03-08-2015 11:03 PM
    The Note Edge does
    03-08-2015 11:07 PM
    The only workaround I'm aware of is to use Google dialer. But yeah, not having regular voice over data stinks and almost made me bypass the note 4 on Sprint
    03-09-2015 03:38 AM
    If your phone only has a 3G signal on a CDMA carrier, no simultaneous voice or data. This is true of Sprint and Verizon, among others.

However, LTE and CDMA radios are independent. LTE is, for most phones, data-only. Think of it as a WiFi connection that covers a much wider area. So if you have an LTE or WiFi connection in addition to a 3G connection, you can do voice over 3G and data over the other connection.

If your phone happens to use Voice-over-LTE (VoLTE), that just means your voice and data are BOTH carried over LTE. LTE can handle simultaneous voice and data with no problems. So VoLTE does nothing to functionality, but does improve battery life since your phone doesn't have to try to maintain a 3G AND an LTE connection simultaneously. LTE can also carry a lot more data, meaning your phone calls should be somewhat clearer and more tolerant of a weak signal.
    03-09-2015 12:32 PM
    If your phone only has a 3G signal on a CDMA carrier, no simultaneous voice or data. This is true of Sprint and Verizon, among others.

However, LTE and CDMA radios are independent. LTE is, for most phones, data-only. Think of it as a WiFi connection that covers a much wider area. So if you have an LTE or WiFi connection in addition to a 3G connection, you can do voice over 3G and data over the other connection.

If your phone happens to use Voice-over-LTE (VoLTE), that just means your voice and data are BOTH carried over LTE. LTE can handle simultaneous voice and data with no problems. So VoLTE does nothing to functionality, but does improve battery life since your phone doesn't have to try to maintain a 3G AND an LTE connection simultaneously. LTE can also carry a lot more data, meaning your phone calls should be somewhat clearer and more tolerant of a weak signal.
    Funny, I have Verizon and I can still use data while on a call even when on 3G.

Posted via the awesomest phone EVER...the Note 4.
    03-10-2015 07:04 PM
    Funny, I have Verizon and I can still use data while on a call even when on 3G.

Posted via the awesomest phone EVER...the Note 4.
    Huh, they must have meant the term "VoLTE" to also include VoCDMA when they introduced "Advanced Calling 1.0", so they can route any voice call over their data network regardless of the protocol used.

Prior to that, phone calls, texts, etc needed exclusive access to the CDMA network and to get data at the same time you needed a second radio on-board. My Thunderbolt was, IIRC, the first phone that had this. Glad to see they went to voice-over-data finally.

So, in that case, once Sprint enables a voice-over-data protocol, which the Note 4 clearly supports since it's working for you, all should be well in Sprintland.
    03-10-2015 07:52 PM