Unrooting phone

Inmartol13

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Anyone know a easy way to unroot phone so I can get the next ota update I used the superuser way and it shows im unrooted but when I choose update software it says try with a pc any help? Thank you

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know a easy way to unroot phone so I can get the next ota update I used the superuser way and it shows im unrooted but when I choose update software it says try with a pc any help? Thank you

You can try to use Kies to upgrade the firmware on your computer first. If that doesn't work, you may need to restore the firmware using Kies or even Odin.

You can download Kies on the Samsung website and restore the current firmware there. You can use that software to backup your device first but make sure you copy any music/pictures and anything else you want to make sure you don't lose to your computer or copy to an SD card.

There is no need to contact Samsung as mentioned above.

UniQue WerkX

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I used Odin but you have to find the right image to unroot. My model # is SM-N910T so I had to find the firmware build N910TUVU1ANK4.

I also used Odin to root. Really simple and pretty fast. I was also surprised I did not have to reload everything, no data loss. It was just the same, no factory reset! After all the updates to Android 5, I'll gladly root it again.... I already miss Adaway.

Inmartol13

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Yea I have n910t model as well I just don't have a pc so Odin is kind of a problem right now to use I guess I'll just have to wait then

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11