AT&T Note 4 Lollipop...

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. They are having too many issues with lollipop. I'd rather wait until it's really ready.

Posted via the Android Central App

Most of the issues seem to have been with the S5. The Sprint N4 upgrade to 5.1 seems to be going smoothly.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully, with Android 5.1 out in the wild now (and reportedly fixing a good chunk of bugs in 5.0-5.0.2) Sammy and AT&T will just start with that as their base.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Why is everyone so worked up over this crappy update, Lollipop?
That is a great question. I had it on the G3 I auditioned (it didn't make the team) and I just couldn't see what all the excitement was about. It worked fine, no bugs that I noticed but it didn't seem any better than Kit Kat and the notification drop down kinda...well...suX, IMO.

📐♻from the Note Edge🔍

HankW2

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
That's the truth !! My old Note 1 died and I went with the Note 4. AT&T. Comes with the Kitchen Sink in as far as Bloatware. As I started to bring pics, Documents/papers over from the Note 1 to the Note 4, it was AMAZING ... AT&T loaded MORE Bloatware and now comes GOOGLE & SAMSUNG with BOTH OF THEM loading me right-up with Bloatware. I haven't counted but I'd bet I have at least 30+ items of Bloatware now on my new Note 4 phone. So this week I'm going to (1.) Un-lock the phone then (2.) Root it !! then (3.) Have a Bloatware Go-Away Party !!. So yes, LOTS of Bloatware. Or, now is it Bloatwere ??

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I just got the notification for my work issued SGS5. NOTHING for my personal Note 4.
GGGGGGRRRRRRR!!!!! 😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

MadMexican73

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
How can yoy check what version you have on your phone? Will you be notified about this update on your phone before it happens?

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
How can yoy check what version you have on your phone? Will you be notified about this update on your phone before it happens?

To check the version, go into settings / About Device (under System) and you'll see "Android Version".

In the same screen, you'll see "Software Updates". That's where you check, but eventually you'll get a message because your phone checks by itself every day or so.

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Nah.... Just check every five minutes like I've been doing......
😛😛😛😛😛

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I haven't updated my work device. Should I hold back?

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
From what I've read, unless you're ready to do a factory reset and still risk having trouble, yes, you should hold back. I'm not trying to spread FUD but unless you really need the SD card support that Lollipop offers I would stick to Kit Kat a bit longer, if you have the option.

♻from the Note 4 📶

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy