Can't get OK Google to work anywhere

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Mine (Sprint Lollipop) also has the grayed out options, but using Nova launcher at least allows me to use OK Google on the home screen.

jpro1001

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
Same here, Sprint, Note 4, Lollipop. "OK Google" works on home screen, but not in other apps. However, it previously only worked sporadically in other apps. Now it never works in other apps and the options are disabled. I don't have nova launcher like Nitro211k mentioned and the home screen "OK Google" Still works for me. WTF Sprint, Samsung, or Google. This is a big feature that needs to be fixed. Anyone know where I should report this bug?

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Same here, Sprint, Note 4, Lollipop. "OK Google" works on home screen, but not in other apps. However, it previously only worked sporadically in other apps. Now it never works in other apps and the options are disabled. I don't have nova launcher like Nitro211k mentioned and the home screen "OK Google" Still works for me. WTF Sprint, Samsung, or Google. This is a big feature that needs to be fixed. Anyone know where I should report this bug?

I too would like to know how or where to report it. They need to fix this soon.

Posted via the Android Central App

debsawyer

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
Same problem here. I have tried everything including clearing the cache. No luck. I have even restore my phone because of battery issues, and this sucker does not work. Still grayed out. Contact Samsung & Sprint on Facebook so they could fix it!

qbngator

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Running Kit Kat (stock) on T-Mobile here. Not sure if it's the same issue, but I'm also having an issue with Google voice recognition from any screen. I have disabled S Voice. While I can select "from any screen" in the Google voice recognition options, it turns itself off if I use the home button to wake the device, or if I use the home button to get back to my home screen.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-23-05-52-40.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-23-05-52-40.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 147

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site
This is such a weird issue. I sent Google help an email detailing the issue but haven't heard back yet.

Jetsway

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
This is such a weird issue. I sent Google help an email detailing the issue but haven't heard back yet.

I'm on note 4 with At&t, just updated to lolliepp and having the same issue. Always on for Ok Google is grayed out. I've been looking all over for others who've been having the same issue. My always on feature worked fine prior to the updated and now there seems to be nothing I can do to enable it. Hope a solution is found soon.

bleuiko

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
To fix this issue on lollipop.

1. Goto application management and disable S Voice
2. Reboot
3. Goto Google Now, the Always On feature will no longer be grayed out
4. Turn it on

I saw this fix buried somewhere on a thread; I tested it myself and it works. I am on ATT Note 4 with Lollipop.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

2. Reboot
4. Turn it on

I saw this fix buried somewhere on a thread; I tested it myself and it works. I am on ATT Note 4 with Lollipop.

If this does not work has anyone tried clearing the data from the Google App?

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site

2. Reboot
4. Turn it on

I can confirm that this works with Sprint as well. Thank you.

buffdaddy72

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Seems to work okay on my Sprint N4. Just go into the Google app--> settings ---> voice ---> "Ok Google" detection and set everything up.

charles clarke3

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site

2. Reboot
4. Turn it on

this worked for me. i can also get "ok google" to work from my locked screen (which is the actual issue i was having).

FaTaL_Err0r

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm that this works with Sprint as well. Thank you.
Can you post a screenshot? Does it work with the screen off while unplugged? If no, then this isn't the correct fix, it's just a workaround to partially fix the issue and make the Note 4 work like every other phone out there.

Sent with my thumbs using Tapatalk 4 Vip

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
It doesn't work if the screen is off, but it works in all other instances (i.e. while locked, on the home screen, within other apps, etc) but the phone has to be awake for that, which I can live with.
{As you can see in the screen shot, the options are no longer grayed out}
ok google.jpg

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. This fix worked for me on sprint. Just had to disable s voice . Finally

FaTaL_Err0r

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't work if the screen is off, but it works in all other instances (i.e. while locked, on the home screen, within other apps, etc) but the phone has to be awake for that, which I can live with.
{As you can see in the screen shot, the options are no longer grayed out}
View attachment 168812
Ah, yes. This happens to me as well. Not what I am looking for. I expected it to work as it did in kitkat (screen off, unplugged) . If anyone found the correct fix or has an official answer, I would be greatful.

Blipstein

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Ah, yes. This happens to me as well. Not what I am looking for. I expected it to work as it did in kitkat (screen off, unplugged) . If anyone found the correct fix or has an official answer, I would be greatful.

When mine is greyed out it works like it did on KK..... So it works when it's asleep. Just enable S Voice to make everything greyed again. That's what I did anyway

FaTaL_Err0r

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
When mine is greyed out it works like it did on KK..... So it works when it's asleep. Just enable S Voice to make everything greyed again. That's what I did anyway
This happens because you haven't done a factory reset after upgrading to lollipop. I was in the same boat. Then did a reset to make some bugs go away, and this happened.

MedicD

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
This happens because you haven't done a factory reset after upgrading to lollipop. I was in the same boat. Then did a reset to make some bugs go away, and this happened.

Yep, same issue. I tried factory reset, tried turning s voice on vs off. When S voice is off all the options are there, bUT it doesn't work with the screen off. I miss this feature, it was always nice to use the phone from 10 ft away.

SamSamsung11

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site

2. Reboot
4. Turn it on

Thanks for this however I still can't get it to work from a locked screen. At least it works now whenever the phone is being used and I don't have to be on the home page for it to work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz