Can't get OK Google to work anywhere

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Verizon on lollipop and same issue as well. Had factory reset done but only way to get it to work is to disable S Voice and then restart. Looks like a bug?

Posted via the Android Central App

MedicD

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Verizon on lollipop and same issue as well. Had factory reset done but only way to get it to work is to disable S Voice and then restart. Looks like a bug?

But it isn't working with the screen off, is it? Vzw Note 4 here too. I used to use my phone from across the room

MedicD

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Latest Google Search App fixes the problem. Enable S Voice and download from apk mirror Google App 4.4.9.16.arm APK Download - APKMirror :) I am so happy now.

Sent with my thumbs using Tapatalk 4 Vip

This brought back the options, but it's still not working for me on vzw. Any other suggestions?

Edit: A restart made it function properly And completely back to normal. Thanks!

Last edited:

ehstaley

May 8, 2011
Visit site
THIS is why I enjoy this site. I had the same problem as others have described and could not get the options available. I had turned S Voice on and off several times also. However, I didn't have to presence of mind to do a reset. It works flawlessly for me now (Verizon). Thank you again!!

Kyril Cullen

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
Set the language to English US for Google Voice. If it is set to any other English language type the OK Google anywhere will stop working and your 'always on' will say it is on but be greyed out.

Ahmadamanullah

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone on sprint with lollipop been able to set okay Google everywhere? It's still just greyed out.

Yes i did it. open google application in your phone and click on settings and then open languages and then tick on "English US" only and untick all other languages. And after doing this open '' ok google'' and you can change it.

maxima2k53

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
None of these fixes have worked for me, I haven't tried factory resetting because its such a headache having to put my phone the way it was and don't have the time.

Mr Droid

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I read google disabled...not working on my Note 3(Lollipop) it's still working on my Note Pro 12.2 (kit kat)

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol