How do I get my screen to light up when I get notifications?

A

AC Question

Screen light up on notification

So I got the Note 4 yesterday, and I am still playing around with it. Having come from the S4, many of the features and the same. But one that I cannot find that I liked from the S4 is when the screen turns on when you receive a notification from email, facebook, text etc. It is probably REALLY simple, but I have (I think) looked everywhere. Someone please tell me where to find the option to turn it on....

grenadetrade

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: Screen light up on notification

Yeah i have the LG G3 on LP and i've been looking for this too. All the forum users always misinterpret this request with the LED light or how the notification shows up on the lock screen - all we're asking is for the screen to turn on (not just the LED or the notification box) so besides the sound, there's a [larger] visual queue. So far i've installed a few apps and can't seem to find this... if anyone knows, please let us know.

Racspell

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site

I just phoned Samsung...... the person I spoke to couldn't find a setting for it so spoke to her manager (who is the alleged techy whizz and has the Note 4 himself). He was unaware that it could turn off as his lights up, as do all his mates that have the N4. My partner has the N4 and his lights up. Mine doesn't!!

grenadetrade

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site

Seems there are lots of requests for this on the android boards. It's a software issue, so i don't think any phone manufacturer can help with it. I [re]installed Screen Notifications (can't post link because i'm new here, it's the app with the yellow light bulb as logo). Doesn't mess with my phone's lock screen notification setup (like some others) so that's a plus. It lights up/wakes up the screen as desired.

Seems to wake my phone up with SMS, but not in some other apps (like Kakaotalk); i don't have notifications for things like FB and email, so not sure how well it works on others. I think this is fine for now - does the job and perhaps will come up with updates to make it work with more app notifications.

80mommaJen80

Feb 3, 2017
Visit site
Thank you so much, I use to have a note 4 and it automatically did this for me, but now with this new phone it does not so now i can keep my sound and vibration off at work but still see when a message comes through :) (i like that you added it was the yellow light bulb, that helped!) :)