Two or three weeks ago, I started getting a pushy, incessant notification to install/update Samsung Gear VR software on my Note 4. I wasn't sure what it was for (didn't bother to Google it) but after the third or fourth time I decided that it must be some kind of system update and went ahead and installed it. When it thereafter insisted on installing other software, I googled and discovered that it was for the Samsung Gear, which I don't have and don't intend to get. I uninstalled everything I could find related to Gear and VR, and thought that would be the end of it.

Nope, within a day the notifications to install/upgrade the software came back. I decided to install it just to shut the phone up, even the other apps that it wanted to install that I'll never use. That shut it up for a while, but now I'm getting notifications to install OTHER apps, like Gear Cinema (I think that's what it's called). I can escape out of them, but they come back after a while.

What the heck is going on? Why is my phone insisting on installing something that should only go with hardware that I don't have?
    03-13-2015 11:31 AM