Charging port loose!

kyle0k

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I've loved my note 4 since the day I got it. After several iphones and previous Samsungs, I finally have minimal complaints with my phone. It's been GREAT.

However in the last 2 weeks I have had one MAJOR issue. The charging wire doesn't stay in the port correctly. What I mean by this is that it will be plugged in , but if it's not at the exact angle, or if it gets wiggled it just 'unplugs' as far as the phone is concerned. It is still pluggin in physically, but it just isn't just doesn't charge, until I wiggle it again.

I only use OEM charging cables. I have tried tightening the screws in the back of the phone and air dusting the inside of the port after reading an article about this and it didn't help. Any suggestions? It wasn't the biggest deal at first, but now this is the second time I have woken up to my phone on low battery because the wire must have been moved slightly at night.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
If you've tried different cabled to rule out a damaged cable, I suspect that your only option is to have the port repaired/replaced.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried another cable. I've had that happen only to find the "teeth" or whatever on the back of the plug in didn't stick up anymore and wouldn't stay plugged into the phone. I bent the metal part down a little and exposed the teeth enough to work until I replaced the cable.

kyle0k

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I've tried all charging cables. I have one at work, my wifes, and my old samsung's. So its not the cable.

Is this something that would be covered under warranty, or would they try to say its from abuse?

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Is this something that would be covered under warranty, or would they try to say its from abuse? what do you think? ;)

kyle0k

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Is this something that would be covered under warranty, or would they try to say its from abuse? what do you think? ;)

I have no idea. I know I didn't abuse the phone and it happened 'naturally' ... But nothing surprises me anymore so thats why I asked.

Also, I don't want to get any kind of accessories or wireless charging devices to fix this issue. If I can't fix the issue then I will need to exchange it with Samsung I guess. I'm just trying to prevent having to get it warrantied, because I would rather not waste an hours setting up a new phone exactly how I like.

ronb

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site

carter17

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
This is why all phones should have wireless charging. These ports always get loose for me after time. I just try and make sure the phone and cable lay flat on my night stand

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol