I'm not sure if "global autocorrect text" is the right term, but here is what I want to be able to do. I want to create a paragraph of text that I can call from anywhere with a keyboard shortcut linked to a shorter word. For instance, if I type the word, "pdw" it would change to "Your work is past due." I'd like to be able to have this conversion happen whether I am in SNote, Evernote, email, etc.

Can I do this on my Note? KitKat 4.4.4.

Thanks!
    03-17-2015 01:22 PM
    An app could probably be written to do it, but I don't know of any other way except to put a link to a text file of phrases on the homepage and open that whenever you need a phrase. Then highlight the phrase, copy and paste it into the email or text or Evernote or whatever you're working on.

Wgat you're really looking for is a keyboard that does macros (that's the word you want), and I've never seen any. (That doesn't mean that there aren't any - I've just never looked for one, and I've never noticed the feature in any keyboard I've looked at.)
    ilgal likes this.
    03-17-2015 02:47 PM
    must be an ex-BB user as this was a great feature on the blackberry. it was a default setting that would change any letters into words. I always used it for short hand
    example:
    ur=your
    ure=you're
    wt=wheat
    fdbly=feed barley
    cdn=Canadian

sadly this is not available on android....I searched for a week for apps or defaults...nothing
    ilgal likes this.
    03-18-2015 10:44 AM