Samsung stopped rolling out Lollipop?

bat0nas

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
I didn't hear any news that any variations or regions got the update lately.

Any specific known reasons?

Thanks!

Sent from my mobile device

nemopsp

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
I hope AT&T or Verizon do not release it any time soon...

Looks like those devices may get a root really soon on 4.4.4 :)

4.4.4 Root > 5.0.1

Honestly 5.0.1 looks just like 4.4.4 already just tinted notification bar, new notification pop up, (which i don't like), new notification center, color folders, few apps UI changes, ART (instead of dalvik), sd writing promissions (can b fixed with root on 4.4.4). (Not many people can say there much of a performance boost from the reviews I read on about it)

Also Id think 5.0.1 will patch all the exploits known as of today, they should still b in the System UI but AT&T and Verizon will patch it inside the kernel...

So I mean 5.0.1 isn't much of a upgrade... rather wait for 5.0.1 root or 5.1 since there is alot memory leaks inside 5.0.x that are fixed in 5.1 unless Samsung fixes them...

But overall AT&T and Verizon retail edition sounds like the more you update, the more locked down the system will b so, less likely for root... if interested into that

But No current info on release of lollipop (my guess within the next month b4 the Galaxy S6 release)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
At this point I am hoping they hold of and just push out 5.1 with notice VoLTE like Motorola is going to do with the Turbo.

neils0911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Samsungs lollipop update has confused me too. It started rolling out on the note 3 just after I sold mine, my borther in laws galaxy s4 received it a few days ago. Yet with the note 4, samsungs latest and greatest (S6 isn't out yet and the Note series are better anyway :)) hasn't received it unless you live in Germany. Very strange :/

Racinghart91

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
just download it from sammobile if you want it so bad. i did to !
but... there is really nothing much about lollipop.

kitkat is better in some ways. and xposed works on kitkat.
and for battery and performance.. idk i think the performance is a litle bit better on lollipop but i cant say much about the battery life it looks like its the same as on kitkat.

i use greenify and i shut down every app i dont use and i usualy go to bed at night with minimal 40% battery left with + - 3hours of SOT (same is i did with kitkat)

t1328

Dec 9, 2014
Visit site
Having had a Nexus 6 prior to this, I do miss Android 5.0.1, but I rooted it and unencrypted it to get the performance up, and frankly, TouchWiz has the majority of the features I liked in 5.0.1 already. I would prefer for AT&T to wait for 5.1. But I definitely like Lollipop's actionable notifications, it's super quick app switching, and it's extended notification swipe. BTW, switched to the Note 4 because I dropped and broke my Nexus 6 on ice while clearing ice from my sidewalk. Overall I prefer the Note, but the Nexus was sweet too for different reasons.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams