Where do you save your contacts?

fabris40

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
My contacts are currently located on "my device" memory. I would like to save them on the google server, how do I do that?
Where do you save yours?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
My contacts are currently located on "my device" memory. I would like to save them on the google server, how do I do that?
Where do you save yours?

1. Export to your Google Account.
2. Google Account/Gmail.

On the Note 4 this can be done following the steps below: -

1. Contacts
2. Menu (top right under contacts tile)
3. Select option "Move device contacts to"
4. Select your preferred Google account

http://forums.androidcentral.com/an...-device-can-i-change-them-google-instead.html

ejcrossl

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
1. Export to your Google Account.
2. Google Account/Gmail.

On the Note 4 this can be done following the steps below: -

1. Contacts
2. Menu (top right under contacts tile)
3. Select option "Move device contacts to"
4. Select your preferred Google account

http://forums.androidcentral.com/an...-device-can-i-change-them-google-instead.html

I don't have "move device contacts to" option
All I have is:
Select
Cloud
Business cards
Speed dial
Manage similar contacts
Settings
Help

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Since your phone doesn't have a 'Move' option, you will have to do it manually. This is the basic steps to export contacts as a .vcf file, import them to Google (aka Gmail) contacts and then sync them to back to your phone. The exact steps may be somewhat different for your phone. Consult your user manual for details.

1. Open the Contacts app and tap Menu.
2. Select Import/export, then Export to storage.
3. A box will open with the location the .vcf file will be exported to. Write it down. Proceed with exporting contacts.
4. Transfer the .vcf file to a computer or cloud storage for upload to Google. Or, upload can be done directly from the phone.
5. Log into your Google account and open Gmail Contacts. If you are uploading directly from the phone, you will need the desktop version of the Contacts webpage. You cannot use the mobile version.
6. Click on More. In the drop-down list select Import.
7. In the next box select Browse. Navigate to the exported .vcf file and select it. Click on Import.
8. Once your contacts are imported to your Google account, sync contacts to the phone.

You are done. Once you confirm that all your contacts have been successfully transferred you can delete the contacts in device memory.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

fabris40

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
I am on AT&T running 4.4.4.2 and I don't the option that you suggesting. But I think I solved the problem. I moved the contacts file to my SD card then from the SD card it allowed me to move them to my google account. A little convoluted but it worked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12